OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

You have $140 and want a trumpet in the next month, who do you call?

Started by Gobble!, March 05, 2018, 09:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBRANNON

I caught this post a little too late but Ernie Fetters makes a great trumpet and can probably fix you up in no time. Something to keep in mind if you're looking at adding another yelper in the future. But that was a good choice in Anthony. He makes a dandy yelper as well.
Patience, grasshopper.

GSLAM95

I am really surprised I have not seen Matt McClains name pop up here yet so I will give him the credit he deserves seeing he is a past Tom Turpin call making award winner.  Great call maker and as humble of an individual as you will ever meet.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

chefrific

Quote from: GSLAM95 on March 06, 2018, 04:32:27 PM
I am really surprised I have not seen Matt McClains name pop up here yet so I will give him the credit he deserves seeing he is a past Tom Turpin call making award winner.  Great call maker and as humble of an individual as you will ever meet.

Can't argue with that one bit.  Matt makes a FINE trumpet!

davisd9

Quote from: GSLAM95 on March 06, 2018, 04:32:27 PM

Post number four

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SteelerFan

Add Lee Chadwick (Misfire) to that list.

**If you can become proficient on a trumpet in a month - I salute you!!

There is a Brian Mero in the classifieds right now that would make a perfect 1st

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,79908.0.html

idratherb

Terry

I've owned or own Cox, Permar, Buice, and Hornstra. And although all of them are very well built and play well, there are several more affordable options that offer the same quality and playability. I don't think it's necessary for a new trumpet player to go with one of the big names. You can spend $75 to $150 and get a great playing trumpet. The amount of effort you put into learning how to play and practice is what's gonna make the real difference.

There, I said it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

davisd9

I think a new trumpet player should go with a quality trumpet from a known maker for 2 reasons:

1) The learning curve is easier, a person that can play a trumpet can play just about any trumpet but not a beginner.

2) if you decide it is not for you then you can get your money back where a lesser known you will likely lose money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer