Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Anyone still shooting open sights? Recommendations

Started by mtns2hunt, January 24, 2018, 06:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izzyjoe

I use a Tru glow tru bead sight on my 870sp, I have the rear set up as a peep. But it does require you drill and tap the front bead. Although some guns are already tapped.

kwild835

Quote from: mikejd on January 28, 2018, 06:53:43 PM
I still love my front bead. Nothing else.
Best I have used!  Tried em all and came back to the bead.

Thad

I started using reflex sights in 2013 but this year I will be using iron sights on both my Winchesters.  Twice over the years I took shots at birds out of range due to what I call "optics induced overconfidence" in other words in my subconscious i thought if I could paint it with the dot it was supposed to die when I pulled the trigger. Not So.
So anyway to put an end to that im going back to basics with a Truglow Pro Series Magnum Gobble Dot on my SXP and a Dead Ringer Beard Buster on my old 1300.
I've taken some practice shots and notice that both obscure the target a little at 50+ yards as compared to a dot but seeing as the whole point of this change was to force myself to wait until they came in range that might actually work in my favor.

Any thoughts?

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Sir-diealot

I have had the same Hi-Viz sights on my 11-87 since the late 90's and love it. I don't know if they are still made the same but they had adjustments for elevation which was nice to have.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

turkeykiller22

On the Williams sights adjustable with windage and elevation?

Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

yelpaholic

another vote for the williams fire sight  very durable sight....

Swampchickin234

Tru glo mag gobble dot extremes or Williams fire sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double B

Followed by buzzards

IdahoMountainGobble

I've had great luck with the dead ringer beard buster sight. Seems I'm not the only one!

Oxley777

I have a Tom Knapp easy hit. Been using it for years. Really like it. 

longbeards

I shoot Tru Glo, Gobble Dot Pro's on all three of my turkey guns,,,THEY ARE ROCK SOLID...Have traveled turkey hunting since 1992 with one and never an issue. Same fiber in that came from the factory,,,most of which is well protected from twigs that might pull them out and from hard falls. Will shoot them as long as my eyes will allow me.

Williams are supposed to be good also buy no personal experience...

USMC0331