OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 500

Started by M,Yingling, January 23, 2018, 01:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M,Yingling

any one shooting mossberg 500  fixed full choke 24 in barrel ,,, just wondering how good patterns getting out it  Thanks 
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

The Woodsman

SumToy

They do ok.  I would try it to see how it does.  Some the 410 show out then the rest need work on them.   :anim_25:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

M,Yingling

Quote from: The Woodsman on January 23, 2018, 10:52:25 PM
What shell Mike?

Well went ahead ordered some of apex 9s ,,, see what happens lol
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
My YouTube

M,Yingling

Quote from: SumToy on January 24, 2018, 08:52:26 AM
They do ok.  I would try it to see how it does.  Some the 410 show out then the rest need work on them.   :anim_25:

yea ill see what it does ,,,, i know alot depends but whats a rough turn around time for u guys do work on barrel 
My YouTube

SumToy

We keeping the chokes cut for them.  On barrels it has a lot to do with when it comes in.   I say week on them just thread
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

bez71

SumToy,

What is the approximate cost on threading the Mossberg 500 .410 barrel and installing the choke?   What kind of patterns are folks seeing after this is done?   I don't hand load, so I would be shooting the Apex or Federal loads. 

Thanks

SumToy

115 to thread and choke it.  Pattern I have not shot the apex or federal but they should do fine

joeturkey

Quote from: bez71 on February 10, 2018, 02:03:17 PM
SumToy,

What is the approximate cost on threading the Mossberg 500 .410 barrel and installing the choke?   What kind of patterns are folks seeing after this is done?   I don't hand load, so I would be shooting the Apex or Federal loads. 

Thanks
Hey Mike this is my 410 cva Hunter with a sumtoy choke and apex#9 @ 37 yds Burris fast fire 11

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

DerekDixon

That is the same gun I started my son out with. His first four birds didn't know what they were hit with, the 3 inch federal lead 6s gave the best pattern out to 30, have not ran any of the non lead loads through it. He has moved up to a 20g now and I carry the mossy on some hints when I am hunting public land doing a lot of walking.

M,Yingling

well just sent one down range today just see how it shoot till i figure out what iam going to do with it   open sight just beads

My YouTube

M,Yingling

Quote from: joeturkey on February 20, 2018, 08:04:43 AM
SumToy,

Thanks
Hey Mike this is my 410 cva Hunter with a sumtoy choke and apex#9 @ 37 yds Burris fast fire 11

looks like a dead turkey their Joe  :icon_thumright:
My YouTube

bez71

I bought a Mossberg 500 .410 recently.  It only put about 60 pellets in a 10 inch circle at 40 yards.  I sent the barrel to SumToy and had it threaded and a choke installed.  The Federal #9 TSS load put 121 in a 10 inch circle at 40 yards with the SumToy choke.  It is shooting low and left so I installed adjustable sights and need to sight it in next weekend.

bez71

I took my Mossberg 500 .410 back out to sight it in after installing the adjustable sights. 

I had a four shot average of 131 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards with the Apex 9.5 shot loads.  The highest pellet count for one shot with the Apex was 162 and the lowest was 90.  Not sure what happened on the 90 pellet shot. 

I had a three shot average of 150 pellets in a 10" circle using the Federal 9 shot loads.  The highest pellet count with the Federal loads was 185 and the lowest was 132. 

I didn't count pellets in a 20" circle but the Apex load is probably putting more in the 20" circle area.

This was at 40 yards measured with a laser rangefinder.

I feel confident using either load.

alabamabowman

Quote from: joeturkey on February 20, 2018, 08:04:43 AM
SumToy,

Thanks

Did that CVA come pre drilled and tapped? Or did you have Sumtoy do it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk