turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help!!!!

Started by Happy, January 21, 2018, 01:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

So last night I was up unusually late due to my youngest having the flu. He wanted to sleep in our bed so I moved to the couch.
I was flipping through the tv channels and came across a hunting show. Dont normally watch them but i couldnt sleep. That's when it hit me. I am no longer cool. This fellow had on facepaint in some really cool design that made it look like he was headed to a kiss concert. I like facepaint, have used it for years, especially bowhunting but some for turkeys too. I always just smeared it on and broke it up with different colors. His was immaculate only under the eyes and in some weird pattern like claws ripping down his face. It had to be done with a brush or something cause it was too perfect. So what do I do? Thinking something like a gobbler fan starting from my upper lip to my forhead. Or better yet an upside down gobbler fan to symbolize a dead gobbler. I have lost touch with my coolness and really need some good ideas to up my turkey huntin game. I know it's gonna make me more effective plus look good for the hero shots. And as the self appointed best looking male turkey hunter out there I gots to look good.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

guesswho

The biggest help would be a mirror and some prescription glasses.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Happy

Dang Ronnie. You sure know how to crush a guys ego. :) Maybe that's why my wife brings home paper bags when grocery shopping instead of plastic.....

GobbleNut

:TooFunny:  Either that or stop hunting for good-looking male turkeys...self-appointed or not... ;D

Happy

Hey sometimes you just have to vote yourself in. There was to much competition for best turkey hunter so I made my own category. It sounded cooler than the guy who has scared the most turkeys.

Happy

Quote from: GobbleNut on January 21, 2018, 02:31:35 PM
:TooFunny:  Either that or stop hunting for good-looking male turkeys...self-appointed or not... ;D
And calling yourself gobblenut isn't exactly doing yourself any favors.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Happy on January 21, 2018, 01:03:16 PM
So last night I was up unusually late due to my youngest having the flu. He wanted to sleep in our bed so I moved to the couch.
I was flipping through the tv channels and came across a hunting show. Dont normally watch them but i couldnt sleep. That's when it hit me. I am no longer cool. This fellow had on facepaint in some really cool design that made it look like he was headed to a kiss concert. I like facepaint, have used it for years, especially bowhunting but some for turkeys too. I always just smeared it on and broke it up with different colors. His was immaculate only under the eyes and in some weird pattern like claws ripping down his face. It had to be done with a brush or something cause it was too perfect. So what do I do? Thinking something like a gobbler fan starting from my upper lip to my forhead. Or better yet an upside down gobbler fan to symbolize a dead gobbler. I have lost touch with my coolness and really need some good ideas to up my turkey huntin game. I know it's gonna make me more effective plus look good for the hero shots. And as the self appointed best looking male turkey hunter out there I gots to look good.
I saw on one of the hunting show's someone was wearing this camo face paint but it just pealed off like plastic wrap or whatever... It didn't smear ...i think you may be able to find it on line ..

guesswho

Quote from: Happy on January 21, 2018, 02:30:44 PM
Dang Ronnie. You sure know how to crush a guys ego. :) Maybe that's why my wife brings home paper bags when grocery shopping instead of plastic.....
Trust me, your better off with the paper.  The plastic makes it harder to breathe.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

Quote from: guesswho on January 21, 2018, 03:34:21 PM
Trust me, your better off with the paper.  The plastic makes it harder to breathe.
No if you have a straw ,,,  :TooFunny:

NCbowjunkie

OK guys, you got enough time before season to show everyone your war face, face paint only. No camo headnet  3/4 face cover, it has to be hand painted. Just don't let the better half catch you in their make up let's see what design you can come up with.

BottomLand54

Don't be in my pocketbook either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

Here's my official entry. Believe me it won't look any better if I try and put it on my face.
Think I have gotten over trying to be cool.
I will just keep up the same reply I always do when my kids tell me I have lost it.
Me: you know who still thinks I am cool?
My kids: who?
Me: your mom.
That seems to end that discussion pretty fast.

BottomLand54

Dude that must be a glamour shot of you because last time I seen you you were way uglier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Quote from: guesswho on January 21, 2018, 03:34:21 PM
............. Maybe that's why my wife brings home paper bags when grocery shopping instead of plastic.....

You might wanna check that Momma ain't secretly bumped up the $$ on your life insurance policy........................

Just sayin'
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Greg Massey

I think that was a most wanted poster....