turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Vest vs. Satchel

Started by aclawrence, January 20, 2018, 11:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BottomLand54

I carry happy's face paint in my pocket book as well. Got to get him decorated for the camera..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

My one question to the guys who carry these "fanny packs" is where is the water?  I never see a water bottle in ya'll's pics.  If you're carrying it in a Camelback, well why not a vest then?  I'm still a vest guy because I can't find anything that works better for me.
Quote from: MK M GOBL on January 21, 2018, 12:36:01 AM
I use just a small hip pack, carries everything I need to run & gun. I do carry a seat on a shoulder strap and sometimes a DSD deke or two... and my camera

Don't go anywhere without my Badlands

MK M GOBL
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

CtRider

Either a water bottle or an additional back pack with camel back - wasn't a good system. I'm looking forward to the camelbak in my new vest this year

Greg Massey

Quote from: aclawrence on January 21, 2018, 10:59:31 AM
Hey what about if Glenda took her design and added shoulder straps to wear on your back. That might be pretty cool.  I'm also not crazy about the satchel strap but I really like the looks of her bag. I'm not saying Glenda's strap but just that style of strap in general. I tried a backpack that would sling over that way once and I just like the traditional two straps better.

All you have to do is message Glenda and she will work with you to build anything you want, that how nice of a person she is in helping us guys and girls...

Fieldturkey

If anyone is interested, I have one of Glenda's satchels that I'd sell. It's brand new never used. It's very well made but I'm sticking with my vest. Pm me if your interested.

Greg Massey

Vest have a place and satchels have a place.. On those really hot days i will use the satchel ...enjoy and hunt with what you want...life is way to short...Happy and i have talk and we are good with each other...

BottomLand54

Why carry a water bottle. Turkeys like creeks and I like creek water

DrDirtNap

Kill 'em early and you can drink your water back at the truck

aclawrence

So we have one vote for Giardia and one vote for dehydration lol. Hahaha

CtRider

Quote from: aclawrence on January 21, 2018, 05:00:03 PM

I have a bad habit of chasing gobbles increasingly far from the truck. I bring water lol

wvspitndrum

Vest for me all the time, EXCEPT  on rainy days !!!! I absolutely hate getting my vest soaked  !!!! On rainy days i have a Tom Teaser Guick Sack ready to go full of a bunch of old acrylic calls and a waterproof box call .
So , if its not pouring out i grab my vest loaded with custom calls , if rain is pouring i grab my satchel full of plastic !!!

MK M GOBL

Quote from: DrDirtNap on January 21, 2018, 08:24:57 AM
Quote from: MK M GOBL on January 21, 2018, 12:36:01 AM
I use just a small hip pack, carries everything I need to run & gun. I do carry a seat on a shoulder strap and sometimes a DSD deke or two... and my camera

Don't go anywhere without my Badlands

MK M GOBL

MK,  that's a neat looking camera set-up.   Tell me about your self filming set-up and in particular the tripod you are using.   Thanks

I film with a Canon Vixia HF30, Rode Mic and Varizoom and a few other pieces but the tripod is a Manfrotto tripod with a fluid head. It was a "short" model with Bogen name. I could look it up but they do make similar models.

If you have more questions PM me or we can start another post.

MK M GOBL

BottomLand54

Quote from: DrDirtNap on January 21, 2018, 04:46:48 PM
Kill 'em early and you can drink your water back at the truck

Amen brother like your attitude lol

BottomLand54

Quote from: aclawrence on January 21, 2018, 05:00:03 PM

That's why I carry a pocket book, diapers, and wipes

TauntoHawk

I really like the rocker vest, I have used a backpack a few times as well. Other than extreme heat I can't see a sachel have any benefits over a vest other than limiting what I can carry.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>