OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NEED HELP WITH 935 OPTIC

Started by FeatherDuster, April 16, 2011, 11:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeatherDuster

been watching you guys talk about the different optics available for shotguns i have a 935 mossberg with the tru glo red dot that came with it just aint cutting it sits kinda high and brightness knob is getting alot of play, want a new one thought either the ff ll , mueller, or the nikon turkey pro <was'nt sure about the eye relief ...any suggestions or disadvantages to either?... and would i have to buy a new mount...? have a rail on there now with that red dot clamped on it...

beagler

Try putting a better quality optic (red dot) on. Some type of comb riser would help align your eye up with the scope. Beartooth makes a fairly cheap one. I didn't use the foan inserts provided with it, rather I cut some foam pipe insulation in half and slid it under the neopreme sleeve.
As far as red dots are concerned I use an Aimpoint 9000SC. Best I've tried, holds up to the heaviest recoil and gets 50,000hrs battery life. I have one mounted on my Mossberg 835 and Benelli SBE 2. I have a picatinny rail/base mounted on both guns, they sit pretty low.

Never Misses

cannonball

I like my Mueller, very happy with it so far.