OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

mounting scope on franchi affinity 3

Started by BottomLand54, January 19, 2018, 09:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BottomLand54

ok i dont know what i was thinking i posted a thread in the 20 guage and in the turkey gun section and it should have been here. sorry guys!

anyone put a scope on a new franchi affinity 3?

if so what mount and scope did you use?

any pictures.

BottomLand54

I cannot believe no one has responded, called benelli USA Today found out that the new franchi affinity 3 is drilled and tapped for a weaver 93a base with 840 screws.... also it takes the standard benelli Mobil chokes.

I am going to possibly try the Talley's ultralite 1 piece base ring they make for the super black eagle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eview326

I'm seriously thinking about a new Affinity 3.5, how do you like the Affinity 3 so far?

Mr. Hawk

I just ordered a affinity 3. Will the 93a base work with a fastfire iii?

BottomLand54

Yes a 93a will Work with 840 screws however you should consider a sumtoy mount

BottomLand54

Quote from: Eview326 on January 22, 2018, 06:57:05 PM
I'm seriously thinking about a new Affinity 3.5, how do you like the Affinity 3 so far?
Man I havnt shot mine yet but I love the fit fee and finish and it's incredibly light for an auto 26" Barrel gun

dblake82

Hey I just bought a affinity 3 and tried to mount a 93a rail on it and the screws that came with it were to long. It wouldn't allow the action to slide. I saw you mentioned 840 screws. Is that just a shorter screw? I guess I could get some washer for the screws I have. Any tips?

obro

Buy shorter screws or file them to correct length . I don't think I would washers on my scope base .

CrustyRusty

8/40 screws mean diameter and amount of threads per inch.  It has nothing to do with length of  screw.  Buy shorter screws...eBay usually has small quantity sales so you don't have to buy more than needed. 

Quote from: dblake82 on March 10, 2018, 03:33:32 PM
Hey I just bought a affinity 3 and tried to mount a 93a rail on it and the screws that came with it were to long. It wouldn't allow the action to slide. I saw you mentioned 840 screws. Is that just a shorter screw? I guess I could get some washer for the screws I have. Any tips?