OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Which rubber boot?  (Read 6173 times)

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Which rubber boot?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2018, 04:15:28 PM »
Not meaning to offend anyone , but if rubber boots was all i had to turkey hunt with, i just get me a good pair of moccasins...I hate rubber insulated boots all of them are heavy and in the summer un insulated are hot...i just wear a good snake boot with insulated socks if needed or regular socks...

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2018, 05:59:20 PM »
Another vote for Muck boots

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline SteelerFan

• Double Beard
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 06:12:30 PM »
LaCrosse AeroHead 3.5 mm have been great for me. Wear them all spring and fall - climbing mountains in Pa & western Md.

I like the open top that cinches down after you get your leg  /pants in.

https://www.amazon.com/LaCrosse-Mens-AeroHead-3-5mm-Hunting/dp/B008X3PTSO?th=1&psc=1

Offline Gooserbat

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Achondroplasiaphobia is real.
    • Gooserbat Game Calls
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 06:27:31 PM »
Muck
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Offline Tom Threetoes

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2018, 10:48:39 AM »
This is a bit off topic but it does pertain to boots. I'm a big guy and have big calves, I need a snake boot that has room for me and my pant legs, any suggestions? Thanks

Offline merriamsman

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2018, 11:24:41 AM »
LaCrosse AeroHead 3.5 mm have been great for me. Wear them all spring and fall - climbing mountains in Pa & western Md.

I like the open top that cinches down after you get your leg  /pants in.

https://www.amazon.com/LaCrosse-Mens-AeroHead-3-5mm-Hunting/dp/B008X3PTSO?th=1&psc=1

I second the LaCrosse Aerohead - here in Montana I use the 3.5 mm most of the time, but also have a pair of 7 mm for colder conditions. It's a unique design that is quite different from other rubber boots.

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2018, 11:42:41 AM »
I am a fan of the danner pronghorn. I do a lot of weightlifting and I don't skip leg day but they seem to work well. Can't say that I have huge calves tho. Had bad luck with Rockies. Could walk across a dew drenchedvfield and my feet would be soaked fifty yards in. The dangers have held up well and are better suited to me than rubber boots for being able to walk quietly

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline CtRider

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2018, 01:47:37 PM »
I love my Rutmasters too but I won’t replace them with the new model. A buddy who recommended the old Rutmasters got the new model and he can’t last 4 months in them without the boot failing and coming apart. He just gets them replaced for free otherwise he’d switch. The new ones with the side buckle are junk.

If you can find the older back buckle ones I’d say go for it, they’re great.

Also - I use these on days I know I’ll be in dewy grass or crossing creeks. Long hauls in the state land I go hikers.

Offline mgm1955

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2018, 11:27:02 PM »
Ive got several years on my Lacrosse Alpha snake boots.  As soon as these give out, I'll be getting another pair.  But i hunt in snake infested jungle swamps.
x2

Offline nyhunter

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2018, 05:34:06 AM »
just my opinion, but i'd worry more about comfort than camo pattern when it comes to buying boot's. I am NOT a fan of rubber boots but if the conditions call for rubber boots my LaCrosse Alpha Burly Pro's are very comfortable. I had a pair of the original Alpha burly's and hated them they were either to big or to tight in the toe area no matter what size. The new Alpha Pro's fit much better.

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2018, 04:58:04 PM »
Lacrosse Grange, best all around boot ever made!

I may try these. I put maybe 60 miles on a pair of boots each spring, assume these will hold up?

Offline hambone50

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2018, 06:21:54 PM »
i've been happy with my Lacrosse Alpha burly's. I've got either 3 or 4 seasons on them (including deer and squirrel hunting). the right one has developed a very small leak right around the big toe joint, but other than that no complaints. they fit like a tennis shoe!

Offline Ranger

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2018, 06:32:42 PM »
Lacrosse Grange, best all around boot ever made!

I may try these. I put maybe 60 miles on a pair of boots each spring, assume these will hold up?

They will.  Finest uninsulated rubber boot there is.  Got a pair of Burlys and Grange, both were extremely comfortable right out of the box.  Burlys with insulation are great for cooler temps but if they get wet on the inside at all it does take a few days to dry completely thru the insulation, Granges can flood and with a piece of newspaper they're ready the next morning.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Offline CtRider

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2018, 06:07:32 AM »
I’ve found my boot driers for ski boots work great for drying out a sweaty or Swamy boot overnight and they are pretty cheap to get.

Offline ilbucksndux

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2018, 01:28:23 PM »
Im a fan of the Lacrosse Grange. My last pair lasted 12 years of heavy use. I prefer them over the boots with neoprene uppers. The make me sweat and they get ripped up to quick.
Gary Bartlow