OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Which rubber boot?  (Read 6172 times)

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
Which rubber boot?
« on: January 19, 2018, 08:02:37 PM »
Looking to get a new pair of rubber boots. I'd like to find a pair in new bottomland. I've found the LaCrosse 4X Alpha and the Irish Setter Rutmaster. I had the Under Armor HAWG boots and they only lasted 2 seasons. Would be nice to have a pair that lasted a bit longer. I've never owned a LaCrosse or Irish Setter boot. Any recommendations?

Offline MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
Re: Which rubber boot?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 08:14:22 PM »
Don't know about the camo but my Mucks are great rubber boots!

MK M GOBL

Offline LaLongbeard

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 08:16:56 PM »
I've worn the uninsulated lacrosse grange boots for all my hunting from deer to squirrels. If you don't stuff them between the bed and cab of your truck and let them bake in the sun all summer they last awhile I'm wearing the same pair for 10 years. They are not warm in winter and they will be hot in summer but if you need water proof up to the knee and light weight these are it. I have the original green color but they do sell the Bottomland version ... but after seeing a couple of pics of the Bottomland version they look to have a shine to them. I would stick with the green.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Offline tracker#1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
  • Big game tracker with dogs, Oathkeeper, NRA Endowm
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 08:28:00 PM »
2x the Lacrosse Grange...Cabelas has also bottomland and where on sale last month. Check to see any left, I have of those to and they are comfortable

Offline southern_leo

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 08:50:53 PM »
Rutmaster hands down. I love mine. The soles are as comfy as tennis shoes. The ankle fits a bit tighter so no slipping around which I like. I've considered buying the insulated ones as well. Right now i have the non insulated and just wear sock layers during deer. I suggest you go to a store and try both on. I spent about an hour in BPS trying on all the top rubber boots. As soon as I stood up in the rutmaster I knew these were it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 09:23:02 PM »
Check with cabelas. Their stuff has a lifetime warranty. Bought one pair. They wore in the backs some. They replaced them free of charge. On my second season with the second pair and loving them. Did get a pair of the lacrosse bottomland boots too tho. Like them but not as much as my cabelas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BottomLand54

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 09:44:26 PM »
i like bogs

until i bought a pair of legendary whitetail rubber boots this year for deer season, there made in there own came and built by wolverine you talking about warm warmest boots ive ever wore and breath as well. extremely comfortable but heavy. probaly too much boot for turkey hunting so i say bogs

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 10:01:55 PM »
I like the green lacrosse burly with air grip soles They usually last a few seasons . I had one pair for probably 10 years. After they get wore out I cut them off short for slip ons

Offline TheSportsman

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 10:10:24 PM »
 :z-twocents: rutmaster no doubt!!

Online Wigsplitter

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 11:05:53 PM »
 Plain uninsulated lacrosse have lasted way better than most other brands for me . Price sure has slipped up lately but there is not a better walking boot imo.

Offline captpete

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 07:36:07 AM »
As with most things they have made rubber boots cheaper. I had a pair of Cabelas that I wore for 7-8 years before I ripped them on a partially buried barb wire fence. The next pair lasted about 4yrs before coming apart. My last pair only lasted 2yrs. My buddy has had pretty much the same history with LaCrosse Apha Burly boots.

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2018, 08:29:28 AM »
 Lacrosse Grange, hands down

Offline blackmagic

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2018, 08:42:38 AM »
Ive got several years on my Lacrosse Alpha snake boots.  As soon as these give out, I'll be getting another pair.  But i hunt in snake infested jungle swamps.

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 09:58:13 AM »
Muck Field Blazers. They are as comfortable as a pair of sneakers.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline ccleroy

• Longbeard
    • Spring Allure Custom Calls
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 10:21:12 AM »
Lacrosse Grange, best all around boot ever made!