OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nitros?

Started by SpringFever, April 16, 2011, 10:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpringFever

I read a lot about Hevi13 on here and did end up trying some. However, I do also read a fair amount about Nitros.

My question is, are they a HTL load like Hevi and what size to recomend. Do they come in 7's also?

30_06

I would venture to say that the majority of Nitro's turkey shells sold are heavier than lead loads, but you can get lead loads as well. I like the hevi straight #7's.

gooblnfever

i shoot the straight 7s that are htl out of my 870 with 319 in 10 in circle at 40.they have killed the 4 turkeys i have shot at this year.

SpringFever

Are these HTL nitros as expensive compared to the HEVI13?

beagler

I shoot the Nitro H517T's which are a HTL in 4 X 5 X 7. Pattern great out of  my 835 and SBE with  Rhino Chokes (.695 & .660 respectfully).
Never Misses

slicksbeagles1

more expensive . i don't know how much they are straight from nitro but i live in middle tennessee and the dealers i have checked with want 6 to 7 dollars a shell. if anybody knows where to get them at a reasonable price i would like to try some. :(

HogBiologist

http://nitrocompany.com

This is their web page.  Products and information galore.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

hookedspur

:agreed:
Quote from: gooblnfever on April 16, 2011, 10:56:37 AM
i shoot the straight 7s that are htl out of my 870 with 319 in 10 in circle at 40.they have killed the 4 turkeys i have shot at this year.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

fountain

The nitros are high..store bought..51013 loads were$ 8.25 and the 517 load were$ 8.50.  This year there seems to be a difference somewhere, the patterns show it.   I think that straight 7 hevi. 13 seems the way to go..the triplex nitros are mostly 7s anyways..so if order more they will be straight 7 or just go with hevi 13 7s

longbeardlife.com

I have always shot the Nitros due to buying a 25 count box. Now that they are almost gone I will probably try the heavy 13s , but the Nitros are worth every penny. Reason for me saying that is because you spend way more money on fuel,leases,camo,guns,sights,Etc than what a 8.00 shell cost and it is ultimately what kills the bird..    both are great shells, I know alot of people that shoot both with great results..