OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help with a start on a benelli SBE choke shell combo

Started by Predmaster223, January 18, 2018, 08:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Predmaster223

I have a benelli SBE with a 26" barrel and would like some advice on a choke and shell combo. I know pretty much all guns are different but just looking for a starting point. I bought this gun used at a pawn shop. It's the camo one with the steady grip stock and a ported barrel. I bought a patternmaster classic extended range 5009 for predator hunting. I like those pretty well for large shot. I have a sbe2 with one of those already and it doesn't pattern that great with any turkey loads I've tried. I probably plan to just shoot lead or maybe hevishot through the new sbe unless you guys say TSS is a must. I'm deployed now and will be home right before season and just looking for something I can screw in and shoot. I have a bunch of 3 1/2" lead 4,5, and 6s of different brands I'd like to make work. Oh and I bought a factory extra full turkey (flush fit) choke to try just because it was $20 on ebay and sometimes they do pretty well with lead. Thanks in advance.

Dgroves

I have a sb2 in 26in barrel and kicks .665 with long beard #6s do great! Think it put 264 in 10in circle at 40 yds! Just my 2cents my barrel is ported also

BottomLand54

My sbeii with. 26" barrel shot nasty with an Indian creek .665 black diamond strike and 3" 5,6,7 2oz magna blend shells. Also shoots good with a choke from sumtoy customs.

I made a mistake and sold that Gun and it shot poa/poi and bought a sbeiii which shot way off. All that being said I have a brand new in case sbeii 25th anniversary that I am about to be setting up. All my benelli h e been 28" barrels. I have ordered a choke from William at sumtoy customs and will try it with magna blend and apex 3" 2.25oz 9s. I have shot 3.5s but why when 3s get it done and shoot a better pattern for me, along with less recoil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mightyjoeyoung

Is it an H&K or Italian SBE?  That will give you a place to start.  If the older version, number 1, get a replacement ejector as they tend to wear out and break, especially with heavier loads.  Second,  if its the older version,  go with something in the .665 to .675 range, newer .655 to .670. Coincidentally,  my old H&K and my SBE II both like the pure gold .670 and straight hevi 7s and mag blends. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Predmaster223

Thanks for the help. I can't remember if it's marked H&K.

SumToy

Alot to do with what shell you want to shoot.    The Winchester I would go 660 to 665.  The HV13 7s and go 650 to 665.    The TSS 665 with hot 10 inch and 670/675 to open it up some.    :anim_25:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

hookedspur

Quote from: SumToy on January 24, 2018, 08:50:08 AM
Alot to do with what shell you want to shoot.    The Winchester I would go 660 to 665.  The HV13 7s and go 650 to 665.    The TSS 665 with hot 10 inch and 670/675 to open it up some.    :anim_25:

This !    665 is a good place to start.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions