turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

cz-usa question?

Started by mossyhorn2, January 17, 2018, 05:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossyhorn2

Was wondering if anyone has a cz-usa 712 or 720 and what they thought about them? How reliable are they? I don't hear much about them but is that because their relatively new or is it a quality thing?

slicksbeagles1

I have got a 712 that I won and have Duck hunted with it in Corpus Christi, Tx with no issues not even rust from the moist salt air. I will say it's not a higher end Gun and is a pain in the butt to put back together if you take it down to clean the trigger assembly, but it gets the job done. I am going to get a turkey choke just to try.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: mossyhorn2 on January 17, 2018, 05:56:41 PM
Was wondering if anyone has a cz-usa 712 or 720 and what they thought about them? How reliable are they? I don't hear much about them but is that because their relatively new or is it a quality thing?

The 712 isn't new at all.  Been out for at least 10 years.  They used to have a horrible reputation for almost constant failures and breakages.  Probably 5 in 10 I sold came back with an issue. I can't comment on the 2nd generation model but I can tell you its no franchi I series gun no matter what model year its made.   
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Chris O

I have a few and have had no problems at all .very reliable  semi autos and over and unders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mossyhorn2

Thanks for the help guys. I've been leaning towards a Franchi but wanted to hear what others thought about CZ-USA.