OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need opinion on first SS Rifle scope mount color

Started by WNCTracker, January 17, 2018, 04:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

This is my first SS rifle and I'm putting the parts together.  Just out of curiosity do most people use silver mounts and rings to match the receiver with a black scope or just go all black?  I know, I know, I know....won't change a thing regarding performance.... and to each their own, I'm just curious.

nitro

Black scope, black mounts ( Talley one piece lightweights) if you haven't decided on those..
Royal Slam 2008

WNCTracker

Quote from: nitro on January 17, 2018, 05:18:45 PM
Black scope, black mounts ( Talley one piece lightweights) if you haven't decided on those..
Yep. Those are the ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

As you can tell I like the silver look. This is me and Asreal. My deer rifle for 20 years now.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Greg Massey

The only thing i have to ask, we helped with the scope, now the mount's ..are we going to have to pick out the bullets, sling and shoot the gun...lol....

WNCTracker

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 17, 2018, 06:54:43 PM
The only thing i have to ask, we helped with the scope, now the mount's ..are we going to have to pick out the bullets, sling and shoot the gun...lol....
Good thing I know who not to listen to. Lol.

Chris O

I have both silver and black. I think I actually prefer black rings and scope on a stainless gun

Greg Massey

Quote from: WNCTracker on January 17, 2018, 07:16:56 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on January 17, 2018, 06:54:43 PM
Good thing I know who not to listen to. Lol.

You know i had to mess with you...just having a little fun...

Gumby

tree-rat sniper

^ yep & depending on what your hunting, go matte black.  If its a coyote gun, try some vinyl camo tape on the barrel too...
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

wvmntnhick

Guess I'll be the odd man out here. Love the looks of a stainless scope on a stainless rifle. Had almost the exact same setup as happy for some time. Unfortunately, someone offered me a stellar deal on a scope swap so it's now gone. Replacing the Silver scope with a black one and keeping the silver rings. All my others have black scopes with silver rings and I think they look fine. Deer have never complained.

BottomLand54

I run black dnz mounts or Talley's one piece light mounts. I think the silver they use allot times doesn't match the stainless on my guns. Just my .02 I would also use a claw sling and shoot Barnes bullets with butler creek flip up caps. And would shoot a leupold scope.