OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Hunting Myths

Started by Grey Owl, January 17, 2018, 09:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Owl

I read an article called 10 Turkey Hunting Myths. So, I'm wondering what the Old Gobbler contributors think are the top turkey hunting myths. What say you?

BottomLand54

1: that a mature gobbler will not cross a fence to come to you.
(they will actually if hot enough duck under a fence or even fly over a fence to come to you)
2: that a mature gobbler want cross a big creek to come to you.
(Again if he is hot and likes your setup and or calling he is coming)

guesswho

If he gobbles at your calls he's interested

If he doesn't gobble at your calls he's not interested.

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Happy

1.Field turkeys can't be killed without decoys.
2. Gobblers won't come downhill.
3. If you bump a bird then you are done for the day.
4. Roosted is roasted.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

dejake

LaLongbeard

That you can call a gobbler up to a National forest road and to your running truck(with or without the radio playing ) scrapping on an out of tune box call and while breathing out of your mouth. This myth has somehow been passed along for several generations and is the preferred hunting tactic in Louisiana.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

ol bob

Most everything you have ever heard,when a turkey doesn't know what he's going to do no one else knows eather

BottomLand54

Quote from: ol bob on January 17, 2018, 11:57:15 AM
Most everything you have ever heard,when a turkey doesn't know what he's going to do no one else knows eather
I like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halfski

If you wear your hat backwards, you can fool the turkeys into thinking you're not looking at them. 

fallhnt

Quote from: Halfski on January 17, 2018, 12:19:18 PM
If you wear your hat backwards, you can fool the turkeys into thinking you're not looking at them.
Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Greg Massey

While crossing old fence the barb wire made a squeaking sound and the gobbler sounded off in the distance ..i new i was in business , i just keep rubbing the wire on the old post....

BottomLand54

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grey Owl

Quote from: Phillipshunt on January 17, 2018, 11:41:05 AM
That you can call a gobbler up to a National forest road and to your running truck(with or without the radio playing ) scrapping on an out of tune box call and while breathing out of your mouth. This myth has somehow been passed along for several generations and is the preferred hunting tactic in Louisiana.

Hahaha!

Grey Owl

So, it only works on big jungle cars! Lol.

jakesdad

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"