Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I'm feeling a little nostalgic today (Part 2)

Started by CMBOSTC, January 14, 2018, 12:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMBOSTC

What kind of vehicle did you have in High School. Please share pictures if you have them and tell us about your car or truck, or in some cases... mopeds. Remember those?

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. My car was an 83 Mustang with gray paint and red interior. It wasn't fast by any means as it was a V6. But she was a looker. Unfortunately I totaled her right before I graduated and a few months before going into the Army. A real bummer for my last summer vacation. I did salvage my Alpine stereo system though (another BAD A** product of the 80's).

Happy

83 subaru wagon. I remember getting passed by semi trucks going up Savage Mt. 4 cylinder 4 speed. The thing had no power but it was indestructable. Don't miss it.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

SinGin

I had a 1971 Porsche 914 that I bought when I was 16 for $1000.00. Ya the hood of that car saw a lot of action if ya know what I mean

Yoder409

First car was a 67 Impala coupe..................  Marina Blue metallic.  Small block and a Powerglide with road gears in the rear.  Looked great.  Sounded NASTY !!  Wouldn't have outrun the 2009 Silverado Z71 I'm driving, now...............

A good many years later I found another 67 Impala coupe.  Did it up right with a monster big block and ALL the right parts to make it throw-up fast...................  Don't have that one anymore, either.................... 
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

CMBOSTC

Quote from: SinGin on January 14, 2018, 12:40:06 PM
I had a 1971 Porsche 914 that I bought when I was 16 for $1000.00. Ya the hood of that car saw a lot of action if ya know what I mean

Dang it, I should have bought a Porsche instead of a Mustang.

Double B

Yoder mine was a 68 Impala ss a buddy was going to pirate the 327 for his chevelle!  Red w black vinyl top and powerglide in the console.   Ended up being pretty nice after fixing it up over a few years.  Traded my cuz for a 77 Firebird formula 400, and then a 65 nova 2 dr coupe and then and then and....sure wish I had a few back! 
Followed by buzzards

guesswho

1975 Firebird.  This was in 1976.  I still have this car.  38,000 original miles, all original and garage kept.  I have more miles, dings and scratches on me than it does.  It has held up well.  Me, not so much!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

1iagobblergetter

Blue Yamaha moped first off...That thing was freedom...id have a army duffle bag over my shoulder with duck decoys and shotgun heading to the duck marshes...also used it trapping..It was rough getting a couple raccoons and muskrats back home with it. Also would take it fishing....Know wonder my mom took a childhood life insurance policy out on me....Then a 1972 Chevy El camino. I bought it with around 70,000 miles on it in great condition inside and out...Then I bought a 70 Chevelle SS  LS6 with a 4spd...Wish I had both of them back along with my youth. Lol...lots of good memories....

NCbowjunkie

First vehicle was a 1966 international pick up v/8  3 speed on column Dad had put dual Crome stacks like a semi behind cab with cherry bomb mufflers. I would haul more hay from the school FFA fields than the agriculture teacher. Next one was 1972 Plymouth Duster 340, 4 speed , yellow with flat black hood and around the tail lights  had the 340 in big black letters on rear quarter panels , boy do I wish I still had this one.

greencop01

We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

WillieShin

Quote from: guesswho on January 14, 2018, 02:45:54 PM
1975 Firebird.  This was in 1976.  I still have this car.  38,000 original miles, all original and garage kept.  I have more miles, dings and scratches on me than it does.  It has held up well.  Me, not so much!

That ride's looking fine as ever.

tree-rat sniper

High school ride was a '74 Camaro that was fire engine red, warmed up 350. It had headers into burned out glass-packs.  Got three tickets in one month with her! :D I wish I still had that old cop-magnet but it went down the road 25 years ago.
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!