OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

darrin dawkins original design hybrid box

Started by Matt k, January 14, 2018, 01:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt k

Darrin came up with an original and unique take on a single side box. It's not very often you see new ideas for traditional designs. This one meets and surpasses all expectations. Great design and sounds great! Thanks Darrin.

doublespurs21

2 very nice looking one siders,, I like them................

hunter22

Great looking calls Matt. Wish I could have made it.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Wow!  I didn't see those but I got his new design short box.  Darren's calls are as good as they get and he's one heck of a nice guy.  I've gotten calls from him every single   year.  Congrats Matt!
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

mgm1955

Will_price

Member of The Tenth, since 2005

Matt k

he's also started making some great sounding plain side and groove side calls too.

mgm1955

More great looking calls!! Any chance for a soundfile?

Matt k

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Happy hooker

I'm on his list for a groove box,,,for those that have them do you see any difference in sound between them and his checkered ones.

Matt k

Darrin has both plain side and groove side callers sounding great. They have a little something extra that the checkered calls don't in my opinion. That's not to say the checkered calls aren't fantastic, cause they are. I believe he will even tell you that.  Call him.

Britton40

Quote from: Matt k on August 12, 2019, 03:25:00 PMThey have a little something extra that the checkered calls don't in my opinion.

90% of the time when you checker even a paddle or lid on a cost style box, it loses a little resonance. At least to my ear.

Darrin makes awesome calls for sure.

Clardh

They are beautiful calls. Congratulations!