OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Pics added.........Who is the expert on old Lynch calls ??  (Read 6634 times)

Offline southern_leo

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Pics added.........Who is the expert on old Lynch calls ??
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 10:48:17 PM »
That's neat

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 08:10:45 AM »
It's got Birmingham printed on it so it's 50s more than likely. Verses the super old non labeled homewood Alabama predecessors
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

BottomLand54

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 11:56:28 AM »
I don’t think it’s worth much pm me and I will give you my address and I will dispose of it for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 02:19:03 PM »
My old Lynch doesn't have it stamped were it was made ... Birmingham Ala , or Liberty Miss...what it has on the side is Model No. 102 use this side of box to imitate the gobbler 1958 .. this box call NOT Obtainable locally, order from M L Lynch Co. P.O. 377 Liberty Miss...So what do i have ..? IS this call Made by Allen Jenkins or what...on the other side ..Model No. 102 use this side of box to imitate the hen 1958   ..It say this box call made and tested by M L Lynch Co. World champion turkey caller and manufacturer ... So again what do i have ?

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 05:26:13 PM »
My old Lynch doesn't have it stamped were it was made ... Birmingham Ala , or Liberty Miss...what it has on the side is Model No. 102 use this side of box to imitate the gobbler 1958 .. this box call NOT Obtainable locally, order from M L Lynch Co. P.O. 377 Liberty Miss...So what do i have ..? IS this call Made by Allen Jenkins or what...on the other side ..Model No. 102 use this side of box to imitate the hen 1958   ..It say this box call made and tested by M L Lynch Co. World champion turkey caller and manufacturer ... So again what do i have ?

Unless yours falls in the 1970 notch, it appear to me from what you posted that it is a Jenkins Liberty, MS call

I'm just catching on to some of the Lynch ins and outs and there seems to be a good many variations
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 05:36:36 PM »

Unless yours falls in the 1970 notch, it appear to me from what you posted that it is a Jenkins Liberty, MS call

I'm just catching on to some of the Lynch ins and outs and there seems to be a good many variations
  OK..what i didn't understand was this box call NOT OBTAINABLE locally on the side...like you have to order this call from Lynch...

Offline doublespurs21

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 06:42:55 PM »
mine all say,  if not obtainable locally, just like yours, but I have 3 different states where the box calls came from,,  Alabama,  Thomasville  Ga, and than Liberty, Miss.........

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2018, 09:19:34 AM »

You have a liberty made world champ

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2018, 09:23:41 AM »
yes they were obtainable locally. im from the area. my dad purchased his fool proof directly from them in liberty. couple feed stores sold them, and Phillips military in brookhaven and some old hardware stores sold them back in the 80s....all that mean was heres where you order it, if you don't know where to get it. every call came with instructions, and ordering form for future ordering, like a little catalog pamphlet. and most of them came with a nwtf application. I have a liberty made fool proof, world champ, and jet slate in original packaging that include all original paper work. That old nwtf application is pretty cool to have.