turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Family heirloom art work

Started by TauntoHawk, January 13, 2018, 06:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

My wife wanted to do something special for her grandfather for Christmas this year. As some know she's been trying her hand at painting turkey feathers for me but she wanted something a bit bigger. I remembered that at her family's cabin they had a saw that was her great grandfathers hanging above the fireplace in a cabin that he built for the family outside Mount Union PA.

After about 40hrs of painting work she completed this. When we gave it her grandfather Christmas morning he shed a tear or two it definitely ment a lot.

I think she did a fantastic job, and I hope it stays in the family for generations to come.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3bailey3

Rapscallion Vermilion

Greg Massey

born2hunt

Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

crow

very nice, great family heirloom

Happy

Sweet. Your wife is very talented.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

MK M GOBL

That's sweet!! I have an old family saw was thinking to have both sides painted, one whitetail and one turkey and then I just flip it by the season.

MK M GOBL

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

captpete

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

mgm1955

Drthorn

Stumpy225