OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 1-4x20mm or 2-7x33 which woud be the better choice?  (Read 4105 times)

Offline tnanh

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: 1-4x20mm or 2-7x33 which woud be the better choice?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 12:34:24 AM »
I have a 1-4 x 20 Leupold shotgun scope on a Marlin 30-30 that I like a lot. It has a heavy duplex reticle. I have been thinking about getting another one for a single shot Turkey gun I have but haven't spent the money yet. It is a 12 gauge single shot and that scope would do well on it my only concern is it doesn't seem to have as much eye relief as other shotgun scopes I have used.

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 07:46:07 AM »
I was looking at the leupold earlier. I am an leupold man but have all ff3 on my turkey guns they seem to be easy for kids to use. They like the little red dot and as long as its on the neck book bang drop no flop. With a scope I suppose cheek placement and form is needed to be more accurate. I do like the idea of magnification in a scope can kind of see spurs and beard a bit better in thicker situations. I would hate to have a scope on my sbeii I would have to wear an eye patch between Turkey season and deer season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mount a Bushnell trophy xlt turkey scope to my SBE II every spring for my stepson to use and have never votten bitten by it, either patterning or hunting and its had A LOT of turkey rounds through it.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

BottomLand54

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 07:47:12 AM »
I was looking at the leupold earlier. I am an leupold man but have all ff3 on my turkey guns they seem to be easy for kids to use. They like the little red dot and as long as its on the neck book bang drop no flop. With a scope I suppose cheek placement and form is needed to be more accurate. I do like the idea of magnification in a scope can kind of see spurs and beard a bit better in thicker situations. I would hate to have a scope on my sbeii I would have to wear an eye patch between Turkey season and deer season.

I mount a Bushnell trophy xlt turkey scope to my SBE II every spring for my stepson to use and have never votten bitten by it, either patterning or hunting and its had A LOT of turkey rounds through it.

ThAts good to know lol benelli advertises lower felt recoil maybe to the man who’s watching lol.

Offline robvt3

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2018, 12:57:43 AM »
Thanks for all the advise. Have the 1-4x20mm on the way.
What did you end up ordering a leupold? Let us know how you like it? What ring and base are you using?

Went with the leupold, just hope it is as good as the one on my 270. It's been on it since 1977 and that has been my go to rifle. It out shoots me. Still looking for a sa-459 20ga to put it on. If not able to find one before season, it will be on the 1300 12ga. Rings and bases will be leupold. All my rifles has leupold bases and rings except the 22's and pellet rifle.

If you are looking for the SA-459 20 gauge you will likely need someone to order one for you.  I scoured the internet for weeks looking for one and just couldn’t find one anywhere.  I found a gun store online that was able to track one down for me through one of their distributors.  I picked it up from my local gun store on Friday.  If you want I could send you the contact info for the gun shop I purchased mine from.  Just send me a PM.

Offline kbud

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2018, 04:45:03 PM »
FYI, there's a Bushnell XLT for sale in the classifieds.  ;D