OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Flite control flex was vs flite control wad  (Read 1645 times)

Offline WVGOBBLER1997

Flite control flex was vs flite control wad
« on: January 13, 2018, 10:27:34 AM »
As federal has came out with their new federal tss loads, they've also used the flite control flex wad. I have a trulock HWT 7 choke, with a 650 constriction. Should I expect it to shoot the same with the new flite control wad with the new TSS 7s ?

BottomLand54

Re: Flite control flex was vs flite control wad
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 12:24:12 PM »
just like allot of us on here you want know until you shoot one to see what it does, i think the wad is going to be more plyable meaning it will strip away faster or open up quicker but what do i know lol. i love the hw 7's  shoot out of my 20 gauge and i have a few boxes left. However i just ordered some apex after reading and hearing so much good about that ammo. So that being said we will find out when we shoot some i would like to get a box of the new tss federal stuff and shoot it out of my current choke that shoots hw 7s good and see the comparison.

Offline WVGOBBLER1997

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 12:39:20 PM »
I agree. I'm going to try a box of the new TSS 7s out of that choke. I figure it'll be about the same

Offline turkeyinstrut

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 02:41:09 PM »
just like allot of us on here you want know until you shoot one to see what it does, i think the wad is going to be more plyable meaning it will strip away faster or open up quicker but what do i know lol. i love the hw 7's  shoot out of my 20 gauge and i have a few boxes left. However i just ordered some apex after reading and hearing so much good about that ammo. So that being said we will find out when we shoot some i would like to get a box of the new tss federal stuff and shoot it out of my current choke that shoots hw 7s good and see the comparison.

Federal's new TSS loads SHOULD shoot considerably better than the Heavyweights's but one never knows with Federal....LOL. I shoot TSS and load my own but if I was going to buy TSS ammo I would buy it from APEX long before I would buy it from Federal as Federal has a bad reputation of changing components in their ammo and you end up chasing lot numbers.