Decoys and positions

Started by jbo225, January 12, 2018, 09:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbo225

my apologies what I meant by "run" is using lol

GobbleNut

Quote from: jbo225 on January 14, 2018, 10:15:16 AM

No apology necessary,...I hear it is a sign of weakness, and these guys will go for the throat.   :TooFunny:
Besides, a lot of them "run" a call, or "play" a call when all they are doing is using a call, so I don't see why you can't "run" a decoy... :toothy9:
Personally, I "run" my decoys from one storage closet to the other when I am cleaning things out... :angel9:

Greg Massey

Quote from: GobbleNut on January 14, 2018, 10:33:52 AM
Quote from: jbo225 on January 14, 2018, 10:15:16 AM

No apology necessary,...I hear it is a sign of weakness, and these guys will go for the throat.   :TooFunny:
Besides, a lot of them "run" a call, or "play" a call when all they are doing is using a call, so I don't see why you can't "run" a decoy... :toothy9:
Personally, I "run" my decoys from one storage closet to the other when I am cleaning things out... :angel9:
Man you are being hard on this guy Jbo...lighten up...he's new and only has one nut...

idgobble

With the right location you don't need a decoy. Be in a place were you can see the turkey coming but he can not see the hen that's calling until he's in shooting range, like around a corner or over a small rise in terrain.  Other than that I like 1 hen or a gobbler fan but I rarely use them and mostly wish I hadn't bothered to.