turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli m2 20 gauge

Started by kytrkyhntr, January 10, 2018, 04:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kytrkyhntr

Season is right around the corner. I have a benelli with 28" Barrel. Wondering if anyone else has the gun and how they like it, what do y'all shoot out of it? What doesn't work and what does
Thanks guys
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

TNReb

I have one and absolutely love it. Mine is the 26" barrel and I wish I had gotten a 24" - no big deal though.

My buddy has the same gun with a 24" barrel.

We both shoot TSS that we load ourselves.

I use a Black Diamond choke. I think he uses the same thing but with less constriction than mine. He shoots a slightly different load too.

My pattern is tighter than his - bordering on too tight for some people's preference. I would be comfortable shooting either of our guns.

I wouldn't trade the gun for anything else for turkey.

WV Ridge Reaper

I have one paid 1300-1400 doesn't shoot where I point it that's about all I have to say

So buy some after market sights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwild835

I love mine, but it shoots where I aim.  I shoot 1 5/8oz or 1 7/16oz tss loads thru a .562 Indian Creek for 1 5/8oz and 555 Indian Creek for the 1 7/16oz.  Shoots great patterns and is easy to tote.  I feel very fortunate that mine shoots poa, seems I am in the minority from everything I read.

kytrkyhntr

Thanks for the answers. I just got the gun, have not yet shot it. I got a jebs .555 choke for it. I have some #9 apex tss loads since that's what the rave is, bought 1 box to try out. I'm mainly a hevi shot guy but hard to beat Winchester price. Thanks for the information. Will update thread when it's not freezing and I can shoot her as far as POA goes

Spurs Up

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on January 11, 2018, 08:37:05 PM
Thanks for the answers. I just got the gun, have not yet shot it. I got a jebs .555 choke for it. I have some #9 apex tss loads since that's what the rave is, bought 1 box to try out. I'm mainly a hevi shot guy but hard to beat Winchester price. Thanks for the information. Will update thread when it's not freezing and I can shoot her as far as POA goes

If those Apex shells are 3", I'll be interested in learning if they will cycle smoothly through your M-2. My hand loads, when trimmed 1/8", will load, fire and eject. But...shells that follow from the magazine fail to fully chamber. If not trimmed, forget it altogether.  Good luck.

kytrkyhntr

Spurs_up.
Will let you know brother

taylorjones20

I have one. Excellent little gun. I love it for turkeys, dove, and ducks. I plan to take it on a pheasant hunt this year.  I am shooting the RR .570 with handloaded TSS.  Excellent patterns and shoots where I aim.  Good luck!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

3bailey3

I love mine 26 inch barrel and I shoot a Sumtoy 562 choke and I have been shooting fed hev 7's but I have brought some of apex's 9's that I haven't tried yet, I was shooting high and I called William at Sumtoy and he ask if I was stacking the beads and I said yes and he told to just aim at the front bead and it brought my shot down, he made me laugh, said I was shooting uphill stacking the beads!

agturkey

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on January 10, 2018, 09:03:54 PM
I have one paid 1300-1400 doesn't shoot where I point it that's about all I have to say

So buy some after market sights

Send it back to the company they will take care of it...

reynolds243

Have had one for a few years and carry it 90% of the time even though I have a tricked out SBE2 as well. Shoot a 24" barrel though with TSS and a 562 Indian creek. Shoots where I am and shoots a mind blowing pattern. Wouldn't trade for anything else personally it's prob my favorite gun I own

WNCTracker

Quote from: reynolds243 on January 28, 2018, 09:23:08 PM
Have had one for a few years and carry it 90% of the time even though I have a tricked out SBE2 as well. Shoot a 24" barrel though with TSS and a 562 Indian creek. Shoots where I am and shoots a mind blowing pattern. Wouldn't trade for anything else personally it's prob my favorite gun I own

Sweet picture

3bailey3

TheSportsman

Love mine. 1 5\8 8x9 load at 1170fps with a .582 undertaker puts up great pastern. 221 in 10", 205 in 20"

jdrouhard87

I kept the factory full choke on my m2 20 gauge handed to my wife and she dumped a hell of a good bird with it, I patterned it out to 35 yards with the factory full it does just dandy, with any load ive put in it