OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Help Me Choose a New Rifle Scope  (Read 5139 times)

Offline southern_leo

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Help Me Choose a New Rifle Scope
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2018, 06:46:24 PM »
Above I was corrected that Vortex was not made in America. I apologize that this wasn't 100% apparently. I had read some product education that said vortex was american made. Now I just researched more and found that previously the parts were imported then assembled in the US. And now some cheaper lines are supposedly built over seas. But I found another post that Vortex has moved production to the US. So I'm not sure now I'm gonna email them for clarification. I can't find current clarification on their website.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline USMC0331

• Longbeard
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 07:18:52 PM »
Glass will either come from Japan or Germany.

Offline wvspitndrum

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2018, 07:23:09 PM »
Leupold !

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2018, 08:01:26 PM »
Everyone that you listed is a quality scope!!! I have Nikon,vortex,Leupold and Redfield . All are pretty good but it’s hard to beat a Leupold awesome warranty and transferable to the new owner if you ever sell it , they hold their value.

Offline southern_leo

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2018, 09:20:00 PM »
Vortex absolutely has the best warranty. They cover everything fully transferable. Even if you intentionally break it. Leupold covers manufacture defects only.

Offline Kylongspur88

• Longbeard
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2018, 09:41:07 PM »
Leupold.

Offline JK Spurs

• Longbeard
  • Dirt Nap
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2018, 10:01:35 PM »
Leupold all day long
I like my turkey well peppered

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
Help Me Choose a New Rifle Scope
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2018, 12:03:57 PM »
I just had the opportunity to look through scopes at 300 yds on a dark rainy day. Trijicon - meopta/vortex Nikon . They are in order from best clarity /brightness to worst imo. Only thing was the Trijicon was a 30 mm tube. We also looked at meopta warranty which is lifetime and transferable just like leupold. He had a guy ruin his turrets on a new meopta. They called meopta and meopta told them to replace it right there for free so that's says something to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 05:32:03 PM by WNCTracker »

Offline Ericbrooks

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2018, 12:32:09 PM »
I currently have an older Leupold VX2. Great scope.

If I was looking to buy new Vortex would be high in my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tree-rat sniper

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2018, 05:48:59 PM »
Been selling Leupold for close to 20 years now, never had to warranty one. Nightforce, US Optic, Zeiss (German not the chinese Zeiss) are also very good glass if one's budget can swing it.
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

Offline ElkTurkMan

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2018, 08:15:21 PM »
Leupold gets my vote. I have 6 Leupolds on all of my rifles. There customer service is top notch and they make a superior durable product. I have put my scopes through some very rough and harsh conditions and they have never let me down.  I just purchased a Leupold spotting scope and so far so good with it as well.

Offline bbcoach

• Double Beard
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2018, 08:37:10 AM »
Vortex absolutely has the best warranty. They cover everything fully transferable. Even if you intentionally break it. Leupold covers manufacture defects only.

With the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee, if your Leupold product doesn’t perform as promised, we will repair or replace it for free, whether you are the original owner or not—forever (excludes electronic components). You don’t need proof of ownership. Or a warranty card.  From Leupold's website.

Offline southern_leo

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2018, 08:46:20 AM »

With the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee, if your Leupold product doesn’t perform as promised, we will repair or replace it for free, whether you are the original owner or not—forever (excludes electronic components). You don’t need proof of ownership. Or a warranty card.  From Leupold's website.
Warranty Exclusions

Unfortunately, these warranties do not apply if the product has been modified, misused or has been damaged by accident, abuse, or misapplication. To ensure this doesn’t happen to you, contact Leupold Product Service before having any work or repairs done to your valuable Leupold optics. Call 1-800-LEUPOLD or (503) 526-1400.

Warranty Products which are unclaimed after a period of one year may be subject to forfeiture.

This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

Also from their site. You gotta read the whole thing not just the bold headlines. When you read the exclusion the only thing left is manufacture defects. Vortex covers all of this plus any incident that is your fault. If I'm hunting and drop my rifle from the stand and crack the glass vortex will replace, leupold won't. If I tighten the rings to much and it causes an issue, vortex replaces leupold won't.

Leupold are probably great scopes too but you can't even compare the two warranties.

Offline owlhoot

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2018, 10:04:58 AM »
Someone needs to get on vortex website and read .

Offline southern_leo

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2018, 10:15:53 AM »
Here you go from vortex website:

Our VIP warranty is about you, not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale.

VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customer. We will repair or replace your Vortex product in the event it becomes damaged or defective—at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition.

You see, it doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all Vortex Optics riflescopes, prism scopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, tripods, and monoculars.

Unlimited Lifetime WarrantyFully transferableNo warranty card to fill outNo receipt needed to hang on to

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.

The VIP Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product.

***NOTE THEY ALSO COVER THEIR ELECTRONIC SITES AS LEUPOLD DOES NOT***