OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Smokeless ML

Started by dirt road ninja, January 21, 2018, 07:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

Anyone here use smokeless muzzleloaders? My off-season project is going to be getting my savage rolling again.

turkeymanjim

dirt road ninja

What load you using? Accuracy?

Hsargent21

I have hunted with a Savage ML-II for about 8 years and love it.  My pet load is 43 grains of N-110, 250 grain Hornady SST and a short black sabot ( I can get maker and model number if you would like).   I have shot a lot of different loads through my gun and three other rifles belonging to friends.  All have liked this load +- a few grains of powder.  Have shot a lot of deer with this bullet and it performs great. 

dirt road ninja

That's very close to what I was using years ago. 42gr of 110 and a 260 dead center.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Hsargent21 on January 21, 2018, 08:05:32 PM
I have hunted with a Savage ML-II for about 8 years and love it.  My pet load is 43 grains of N-110, 250 grain Hornady SST and a short black sabot ( I can get maker and model number if you would like).   I have shot a lot of different loads through my gun and three other rifles belonging to friends.  All have liked this load +- a few grains of powder.  Have shot a lot of deer with this bullet and it performs great.
post some pictures of the gun i would like to see it...that has to be a real challenge ...

Hsargent21

It's actually not hard to get set up and don't have to worry about the issues that come along with black powder. 

Hsargent21

Ok...why is the picture upside down?

Greg Massey

Quote from: Hsargent21 on January 21, 2018, 08:41:20 PM
It's actually not hard to get set up and don't have to worry about the issues that come along with black powder.
Nice gun...

BottomLand54

try a barnes 250 grain t-ez blue and you will be amazed at what she will do.. 42-45 grains powder.

you have a gym those guns are worth allot money now, even used. glad that you can still make an encore shoot smokeless...............i didnt mean to type that

BottomLand54

sorry accurate 5744 at 43 grains and a 250 grain barnes t-ez smoke em out about as far as you can see.