turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Franchi Affinity 3 or SX3 Universal Hunter

Started by BottomLand54, January 09, 2018, 08:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BottomLand54

If you had the choice and the money which one would you buy for an auto 20 gauge:

Franchi Affinity 3 26" Barrel mossy oak bottomland 20 gauge
Or
Winchester SX3 Universal Hunter 26" 20 gauge

I want a gun that is already drilled and tapped

I want to install a base, either a red dot or a scope, and a good choke.

What do you reccomend and why?

Open to all input.

kwild835

It depends on what you want.   Both are high quality shotguns.  The SX3 may be easier to get a great pattern, but with a little trial and error the Affinity will shoot right with it.  The SX3 will be a softer shooter, but it will also be heavier.
I were to shoot a dot I would go with the Marlin 336 base with a Vortex Venom or Fastfire 3.  That is as low profile/lightweight as you can go.  Both have awesome warranties.   I think you may have to get a gun tapped for the 336 base, but I think it would be worth it. 

The INdian Creek .555 would be a good starting point for the Affinity with any ammo.
For the SX3 I would contact Sumtoy, or go with some choke in the .580ish range.

BottomLand54

Thanks fellows, I am still waiting to sell my sa-459 12 gauge or my t/c encore pro hunter 20 gauge both like New. Once I sell one of them I am going to take the cash and put it towards a franchi affinity 3 20 gauge 26" bottomland. I like to feel, fit, and finish. And some guys have been getting nasty patterns out of them with a sumtoy 562-3 and apex, along with a Indian creek .555. Thanks for all the advice.

tree-rat sniper

I bought an Affinity compact 20 a few years back, its now my favorite rig.  Its so light I forget its on my shoulder.
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

Tail Feathers

Love my Universal Hunter SX3.  So sweet to shoot and super simple to disassemble clean.
You've narrowed it down to a tough choice.  Good luck whichever way you go.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!