News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What is it that you want to see?

Started by Cove, January 08, 2018, 11:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy hooker

If it's a video with Louisiana hunters,,
They need to put subtitles at the bottom of the screen so we can understand what their saying :fud:

bruce.smith0817

Watching another guy killing a turkey or  deer does nothing for me I love the way they move around bow hunting try that junk on the deer I hunt an you want have  a show

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Devastator

Cove,man,anything you put on is the absolute best bud!!!

Drthorn

i hate videos with the "B roll" type footage....Video of the hunter looking, calling, walking, etc. from a POV that is supposed to be during the hunt, but you know that it was filmed before/after the hunt.

I'd rather have less editing/raw type footage than a lot of fancy edits, etc.

tree-rat sniper

Anything that isn't a realtree road trips type of production (no pimping the 75+ sponsors without their gear the hunt would be impossible)!  How about a hunt with a good ol boy in bib overalls & a flannel shirt, using his ancient fixed choke sxs double with 2-3/4" loads. Show him using a homemade turtle shell call, or better yet, no call...just his voice! If he shoots, no jumping up & down like he just won the stupor- bowl, maybe have him say a little thank you to the bird for his life...Wouldn't that be refreshing?
:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

Cove

Quote from: tree-rat sniper on January 15, 2018, 05:23:29 PM
If he shoots, no jumping up & down like he just won the stupor- bowl, maybe have him say a little thank you to the bird for his life...Wouldn't that be refreshing?
:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

It's coming.  :icon_thumright:

bruce.smith0817

Can't stand all the whispering after after they shot their high dollar deer give me a bteak

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

hobbes

Cove,

I didn't read all the previous posts, but here is my input.  I also see that this was started a while back.

Ive enjoyed your videos in the past, so you've been on track as far as I've seen. I dont recall the following dislikes in your videos, but ive seen it in plenty of others.

I dont have cable anymore, but gave up on The Outdoor Channel and similar shows a long time ago.  I dont need 5 minutes of footage replayed over and over in a 30 minute infomercial.

I don't mind the video intro having music or the closeout (I like some in the intro), but I don't want to hear music overlaid on top of the hunt.  I want to hear the sounds of the hunt. 

I don't want a lot of narrative overlaid onto the footage either.  Whatever you have time to share, narrative wise, during the hunt is all I need. 

I do not like to hear a bunch of cussing, including the beeps that cover it.  It makes a person look very unprofessional at best.

I dont care about "smack downs" or any other catch phrases.   Although I have to admit, "Shoot the puffy one" was pretty good.  "Unbelievable" drives me crazy, calling a turkey in is not unbelievable.   Don't try to make it appear that you just accomplished the impossible.

Show some respect for turkeys in the show.  Promote conservation of the bird and habitat.  Im not suggesting promoting an organization, but turkeys.

I like to see some footage of the journey itself and not just kill shots.  I don't have to see a turkey die every couple minutes. 

If a guy wants to use a blind, that's fine, but blind hunts are boring to watch.   

I don't mind if someone wants to use decoys, but I get tired of video guys milking the footage of a turkey acting a fool around a decoy.  There are more than enough guys promoting decoys.

I dont want to watch any so called "reaping".

Watching a hunter have a good time with friends while hunting is not the same as a lot of foolish goofing off.  Primos had taken that to a new level not too many years ago before the video crew all but disbanded ( I still bought the videos out of habit).

If you want to see what I really prefer, watch Born and Raised Outdoors' Land of the Free project (50 consecutive days of elk hunting 5 states) that aired on YouTube over the winter.  Also, The Mountain Project, is currently airing last hunting season on YouTube in a similar day by day 25 minute fashion instead of a short video that compiles the entire hunt like they normally do.  Of course they don't show these in what is considered semi-live fashion because they don't have the ability to edit and upload video while on these hunts.  Born and Raised showed theirs in November/December and The Mountain Project just started airing theirs March 1st.  We get to see a lot more footage instead of two weeks of footage condensed to 20 minutes.

The Hushin guys do the same thing on YouTube with lots of different content.  I really like the way they post their Mule Deer and Elk hunts.

kyturkeyhunter4

lmbhngr

WALKER80

The same thing you've been doing for years.  I love to see it the way y'all hunt but also understand not wanting to tote a camera every time. 

Uncle Nicky

One thing that irks me about some videos is the death sequences...over & over again...almost like an ISIS video. Turkeys losing their heads, feathers flying everywhere, even a tannerite explosion in one I saw the other day.  :TrainWreck1:

I get that the whole sport eventually involves life & death, just not so sure the death needs to be glorified so much.

Banana

Hobbes for some calling in a turkey is unbelievable, like me who hasn't been hunting all that long ;D

I'm always watching for the educational value.  I don't know a lot and have been learning on my own the last five years.  Everything I can get my hands on I soak up.  I'm more interested in the how a hunter chose their spot before and during the hunt. 

hobbes

Quote from: Banana on March 10, 2018, 09:15:39 AM
Hobbes for some calling in a turkey is unbelievable, like me who hasn't been hunting all that long ;D

I guess that probably is the case for some folks, at times it seems that way for myself.  It's definitely the case for some of the guys I see on YouTube and whenever Im forced to watch the Outdoor or Sportsmans channel. :)

Good luck learning more this season.

Dtrkyman

Watch a little bit of land of the free 5 states in 50 days elk hunts...great stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk