turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What is it that you want to see?

Started by Cove, January 08, 2018, 11:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cove

For those that do enjoy watching turkey hunting on YouTube or one of the other platforms, what is it that you like or would like to see? What are some things that you dislike?

I'm sure I have a pretty good idea. Just curious if there are something out there I've overlooked. Toss some ideas out there if you don't mind.

wvlimbhanger

What I like to see:
The morning or set up unfold, not just a few seconds of strutting, gobbling, and strutting.  Take the viewer through the process
Talk about the situation and set up for that particular hunt....Shane Simpson does a great job of keeping the viewer aware of the current situation and his plans for the next step.
Footage that makes me say...."I wish I got to see that with my own eyes".  For example, was watching a show last night on Carbon TV of a beautiful Florida sunrise with the silhouette of a strutting gobbler on the top of a tree, Spanish moss hanging down etc. 

Not a fan of over the top product pimping.

I could care less if your are in a blind, use decoys, etc.  If it's real world and relatable I'm fine.

guesswho

Cons for me on hunting videos

1- Loud obnoxious music!
2- Blinds and or decoys. 
3- Hunters acting like they just did the impossible.
4- Actions that may be interpreted as disrespect towards the turkey or other people.
5- Infomercial
6- Long range shots or promoting such.

Pros

1- Kids/Seniors/Women
2- Show the successes and failures of the hunt.  If success or failure was due to a poor set-up, explain why.
3- Show as much pride in taking a Jake or two year old as you would taking a four or five year old. 
4- Up close and personal kill shots.
5- keeping it real.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

I love to listen to the response of the gobblers and hens to the calls and caller...i'm talking about people that can half way call.... i've never considered myself a great caller , just average...you have to remember i started turkey hunting with a corncob striker and piece of slate....had no idea what i was doing... The thing about turkey hunting is you need to learn and listen what the gobbler is telling you ...

born2hunt

Cove, most of your videos are pretty much on par with what I like to watch.

I know It's a big part of hunting but I don't care to watch most field hunts, especially over a strutter.
Thick hardwoods are hard to beat.
I really enjoy seeing roosting the evening before and the sneak in the next morning.
Now my favorite videos are the hardest to film but are the mobile hunts that require multiple sets to seal the deal. And I like to see the camera running when moving,  showing us what you go through to get that bird, it's the leaves crunching and hard breathing that gives me that feeling like I'm there. It's my favorite way to hunt therefore I enjoy watching it more.

Overall just keep doing your thing.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

daddyduke

Real hunting unfolding on video without all the music or drama.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Gobble!

Good topic. I like to hear about the planning that goes into it. We are going here and why. Then I like to hear as much of the calling as possible. I would gladly watch an hour long youtube video that was detailed and provided justification as to why something was being down. I really like daily videos. I havn't found a turkey youtuber like that yet. I dont care if you didn't kill that day. Give me a 6 minute video explaining why things didn't go the way you wanted.

Dont mind blinds or decoys. Even 1 "reap" a year would be ok as long as the other material was good.

Does anyone have favorite youtube channels? Heres some of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealOutdoorsTV/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/mossbergofficialsite/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcaISs1357GHLPOhoWjv8qA/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/TCOthecalloutdoors/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/simpzenith/videos

Happy

I am pretty simple. I want to see someone with a shotgun and turkey call hunting turkeys. Don't need any music or fill in. Show the repositioning and maneuvering. I don't even really care if a bird gets killed. To me it's the birds gobbling at daybreak. The thrill of working one and all the chess moves that result. That and a respect and admiration for the bird.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Cove

Thanks for the input fellas! Keep it coming!  :toothy9:

Gobble!

Quote from: Cove on January 08, 2018, 05:03:46 PM
Thanks for the input fellas! Keep it coming!  :toothy9:

Do you have a YouTube page?

LaLongbeard

Just the woods sound turkeys other birds etc. NO MUSIC of any kind or description if I want to watch a rock concert.... never mind I'd never want to watch a rock concert.
Just the hunt I don't care about your tactical stock and red dot sight.
Watch the first 3 Primos turkey videos they had it right.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Bowguy

I don't watch hunt shows anymore. They're always selling some garbage. The old days when it was about the hunt it was worth watching. Right now I'd rather watch paint dry

FLGobstopper

Quote from: Phillipshunt on January 08, 2018, 08:08:38 PM
Just the woods sound turkeys other birds etc. NO MUSIC of any kind...
Watch the first 3 Primos turkey videos they had it right.

Agreed, Primos older stuff on the Truth series was great, a little shaky and maybe out of focus at times but just capturing the excitement of the hunt. I also think maybe a little before hunt footage explaining the situation is good, some b-roll of the surroundings, of course as much of the whole hunt experience as possible and a short post hunt wrap up.

Gen273

It would be nice to see some guys using custom calls or calls that have meaning and some use to them. A lot of videos you see, the guys are using what they are paid to use. I like to see a gun, calls, other equipment that has seen some use. I also like to see a good hardwood hunt. Not so much into decoys, field setups and blinds. But I think a lot of people want to see hunting that's like the hunting they know.

Kylongspur88

These are just my preferences.

I want to see someone work a bird. I also want to see someone lay a good shot on a bird. None of that body shot crap just to see feathers fly.

If you want to wave a turkey fan around in the middle of a field that's your choice. I just don't want to see it.

Even though I hunt from a blind sometimes watching someone else kill a bird from a blind over decoys is boring.

On the same token. Even though I bow hunt turkeys on occasion watching someone else do it does nothing for me.

And kill some birds in the thick stuff from time to time. Nothing better than working a bird and waiting for him to step into that one clear lane and when he does you drop the hammer on him.