OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: SBE 3 - any good good poi experiences?  (Read 2351 times)

Offline Frylock

SBE 3 - any good good poi experiences?
« on: January 07, 2018, 09:32:55 PM »
The internet seems to have no shortage of complaints of the SBE 3 pattering excessively high, but I’d like to hear from the folks who are happy with the guns poi 

BottomLand54

Re: SBE 3 - any good good poi experiences?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 06:24:34 AM »
I feel obligated to respond, I had a sbeii that shot pow/poi dead on and patterned nasty it was a max-5 28” Barrel. No matter the choke or shell it was dead one. In my ignorance I sold it and bought a sbeiii long story short it was 10 inches high and 5 inches to the left. I was disgusted so I contacted benelli and they told Me they design all of there guns to shoot high I cannot remember the range in which they said was normal I believe it was 6-10 inches but may be wrong, however they said they should shoot center not to the left or right. The reason they design there Gun to shoot high is for wing shooters/duck hunters the Europeans like to see the entire bird above the bead atleast this is what I was told in an email from benelli USA. All of my guns I mean all of my guns like weatherby, Remington, t/c, and moss ergo shoot almost dead on poa/poi. Buying another sbeiii wouldn’t scare me at all because I would put a suntoy Mount and a ff3 on it so that wouldn’t matter. But I got disgusted with my sbeiii and sold it. I still believe the benelli are wonderful guns and I love them, currently I don’t own one at all but may have one tmmrw you never know. You can go to Gun shop and buy 6 guns from the same manufacture made on the same day right after another and each one will have its own charteristics.

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 08:47:07 AM »
Most shot guns do shoot high now.  That said most are 3 inches or so.   Benelli has a problem every time you call them about  Poa/Poi of saying it is in spec. Now most of the M2 based guns do better then the rest. 

Now I did have a SBE 3 in the shop and it was ok but have seen alot of folks having problems with the Poa/Poi.    Now I like the feel of the SBE 2 the best. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline Ondavirg

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 09:15:44 PM »
Mine is spot on.  Just put a SumToy .665 choke in it and it patterned very well with nitro tss.  417 in 10” at 40 and plenty in the 20” circle as well.  I was all ready to put a fastfire on it, but it doesn’t need any help.

Offline Cut N Run

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • North Carolina
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 09:52:02 PM »
I have a SBE II that shot a little high out of the box. I added a Burris Speed Bead, which easily dialed it in to dead on.  Every turkey I shot at with that set up has dropped in his tracks.  The poi does change depending on the choke.

I can't speak to how the SBE III shoots, since I don't own and haven't shot one yet.  I had a SBE made by H&K that shot low, so performance depends on the gun.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline Premier Turkey Calls

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 08:12:32 PM »
I would never find it in me to spend almost 2k on a shotgun...

CrustyRusty

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 08:02:14 AM »
What does that have to do with this thread?  ::)    Mine shot a bit high, so I put in a shim to raise the comb and use a red dot. 

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 08:37:20 PM »
What does that have to do with this thread?  ::)    Mine shot a bit high, so I put in a shim to raise the comb and use a red dot. 

Haters gonna hate...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

BottomLand54

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 08:46:48 PM »
Lol I love sbe I’ve had a sbe 2 and a sbe 3 sold both and find myself owning another brand new 25th anniversary sbe2
I just love the feel and swing.
Yeah they have some poa/poi troubles but about every manufacture does.

It’s all in what someone wants. Some folks like a Remington 870 compact 20 gauge for 350.00

Others like a sbe2 or 3 for 1700.00

Buy what you like and can afford and have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 09:26:17 PM »
I bought a SBE2 with 24 inch barrel when they first came out and it shot low and left. Found someone that wanted it worse than me and got all my money back luckily. Last year I took a chance and bought a SBE2 with 26 inch barrel and it shoots poi perfectly.  The feel, handling, reliability and other features just make it the perfect shotgun to me. However, I would probably not try my luck on another one unless I was given the opportunity to shoot it first. If you could shoot a new one at the store before buying it, they wouldn't sell many guns to turkey hunters.