OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Winchester SXP Denfender  (Read 1231 times)

Offline VA_Birdhunter

• Longbeard
Winchester SXP Denfender
« on: January 06, 2018, 05:04:44 PM »
I acquired a like new Winchester sxp dark earth defender for near nothing.   I love the feel and size of it with the 18inch Barrel.  Has anyone used one for turkey hunting?  I’m thinking it would make a great gun to pack in the woods in the spring.  Just don’t have any experience with them and I have no clue on what choke/shell combo to even start to look at.   I’ve aleays used mossburgs and Remington’s..this is the first Winchester I’ve ever owned. Any feed back or recommendations are apprecited very much!!

God bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Offline Izzyjoe

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Winchester SXP Denfender
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 09:13:43 PM »
I'm not sure, but I think they are fixed cylinder choke, or does it have win chokes? If it's a fixed choke you could have it threaded for screw in chokes, and I would recommend the long beard 660 choke, and some #5 LB shells. But thats just my two cents.

Offline VA_Birdhunter

• Longbeard
Re: Winchester SXP Denfender
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 11:11:35 PM »
I'm not sure, but I think they are fixed cylinder choke, or does it have win chokes? If it's a fixed choke you could have it threaded for screw in chokes, and I would recommend the long beard 660 choke, and some #5 LB shells. But thats just my two cents.

Thanks for the reply.  It does have a choke...current choke is an inventor CYL.  About as open as it gets.  I’ve used long beards since they first come out in my mossberg and really like them.  Will diff use them again and probably try the LB choke.  Thanks again for the info and suggestions!

God bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens