OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ernie Fetters

Started by Coop1082, January 03, 2018, 06:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jed clampett

I seen this post and just couldn't take it any longer...i have a rosewood/chestnut coming to me real soon...i love longboxes and this will be my 1st from Ernie!

Coop1082

You made a wise choice buddy! Let me know how you like it when you get it!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

jed clampett

Received the rosewood/chestnut lomgbox from Ernie...its a killer..really like the sound...guess I am gonna have to get another...i like raspy as well. ..osage/butternut will be next...they are full of hens!!

idratherb

The only other longbox that had as many turkeys in it as Ernies is a Billy Bush, and Ive had them all...

Coop1082

Good to hear Jed!! You'll love the Osage/Butternut as well! That one is the easiest playing without a doubt and has some serious nastiness in it.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

sixbird

I have six of his long boxes and two short ones and a few scratchers. About everything he makes is stellar. My favorite longbox that Ernie makes is the osage over wormy chestnut, followed closely by his sycamore over holly. I can honestly say that every call that Ernie has made for me could be my favorite any given day. They all have that real hen quality and they all have that classic look that I love.
Only trouble is, which one to carry first. I don't see me going afield without one or more of Ernie's calls.
AND, like everybody has said, Ernie is a genuinely nice man.
If you need a great scratcher/short box/ long box, you won't go wrong with any of ernie's calls.

shademountain2010

I want to thank all you guys for the good feed back on my calls, You have me standing here with my chest sticking out. The only reason I make calls is because of all the guys like you that like and buy my calls. You guys keep me going, Thank you very much.   Ernie

sixbird

Quote from: shademountain2010 on January 21, 2018, 06:36:12 PM

I want to thank all you guys for the good feed back on my calls, You have me standing here with my chest sticking out. The only reason I make calls is because of all the guys like you that like and buy my calls. You guys keep me going, Thank you very much.   Ernie

Well Ernie, credit where credit is due...
You have every reason to strut. Puff right up brutha'. You deserve every accolade!
If any of you fellas are looking for a stellar longbox, Ernie makes some of the best!