turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ernie Fetters

Started by Coop1082, January 03, 2018, 06:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop1082

It's easy to see I'm fairly fond of Ernie Fetters' longboxes. This is another absolutely jam-up call from Mr. Ernie. Rosewood lid on a Wormy Chestnut body with Sycamore inlays that don't show good in this picture. Yet again he's made a looker that has the sound to go right along with it! Thanks for the look fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

doublespurs21

sbbow

Very nice coop!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clardh

Coop1082

Thanks fellas and thank you Doug! She's a winner no doubt about it!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

nyhunter

:icon_thumright: awesome looking call right there, I bet it sounds great coming from Ernie, I live about 45 minutes from Ernie and have several of his calls.

mgm1955

Coop1082

Nyhunter I live about 15 hours South of him and feel like I'm 45 minutes away! Lol. As fine of a gentleman as they come and I can't get enough of his calls. I own a fair share from Ernie and look to add a many more as long as he's turning them out!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

worth612000

silverspur

I have several yelpers from Ernie and they are all turkey.  He makes great calls but he is a great person. Top Shelf in my book
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

EZ

Congrats on that great call from a great callmaker.

3bailey3

Another great caller! Congrats Coop

nyhunter

I couldn't agree more about Ernie being a great guy, He welcomed my best friend and I into his Garage to look at his wood shot and run call's. that ended up being an all afternoon get together talking about everything from turkey hunting,family,life...ETC.ETC. It was as if we'd know each other for years.

crenshawco

Coop, what is your favorite wood combo in a long box from Ernie?

Coop1082

Crenshaw I have his all sycamore, all cedar, Osage over butternut, and the rosewood over chestnut. They all shine in their own way. I'd without question take any one of them in the woods and I will be doing so come spring but if you forced me to pick just one I'd have to say it's a tie between the Osage/Butternut or the Rosewood/Chestnut. Both of those can play every turkey sound in the woods from a Kee to a gobbler yelp with about 6 different hens in the middle depending on where you play it or how you cant the lid. The other two can run just as good if not better but they run a little "cleaner" yelp than the Osage or Rosewood. I tend to gravitate towards a nasty yelp more than a clean yelp and that's just personal preference!
CRUSADERS

[/img]