OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Product Test Results Federal Heavyweight TSS Shotshells

Started by allaboutshooting, January 03, 2018, 12:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

Here's a link to the "Product Test" article on 2 of the new shells from Federal. https://allaboutshooting.com/blogs/blog/federal-heavyweight-tss

The are very interesting shells. I hope you find some information that will be helpful.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

marshboy

TauntoHawk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

buzzardroost

Ready for the 20 gauge tests!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coop1082

Mind if I ask what choke diameter you were using out of the BPS Clark? Great review. Already have a 20 setup for TSS but curious as to what choke you were using for the over-bored BPS as I have one as well and would be interested in possibly moving it into TSS as wel.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Greg Massey

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Bigeclipse on January 03, 2018, 02:30:46 PM
What will the cost be?
12s
3.5"  49.95
3.0"  44.95

20s
35.95 (7s)
29.95 (9s) Correction. The latest information shows 7s only in 20 gauge.  This load is 1000 fps and the more expensive is 1200 fps.

.410s

3rd Degree
12s
3.5" 25.95
3.0" 22.95

20s

Thanks,
Clark

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Coop1082 on January 03, 2018, 08:22:11 PM
Mind if I ask what choke diameter you were using out of the BPS Clark? Great review. Already have a 20 setup for TSS but curious as to what choke you were using for the over-bored BPS as I have one as well and would be interested in possibly moving it into TSS as wel.

I used a .665 for the evaluation. I think a .670 would also work well but only some additional range time will tell.

Thanks,
Clark

greencop01

Appreciate your work, informative article. What's your opinion on long range shots on turkeys versus getting toms in closer?
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

WAGinVA

Clark,
Thank you very much for the info.  I have handloaded TSS in 20 gauge and will probably stick with what I have.  I previously shot Fed #7 HW for 5 years in 20 gauge.  Thanks again.  Terry Wagner

allaboutshooting

Quote from: greencop01 on January 04, 2018, 08:09:41 AM
Appreciate your work, informative article. What's your opinion on long range shots on turkeys versus getting toms in closer?
Thank you.   Call them in close. For me at least, that's what it's all about.
Thanks again,
Clark

TauntoHawk

very interesting, $5 seems like a big price difference between 7's and 9's for a 3in 20ga load unless they are different payloads. Also curious to see how the new 3rd degree round patterns as I see it will basically be the same price as the discontinued HWs but can it shoot as good
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Izzyjoe

Am I the only one disappointed that they have dropped the HW7's, glad I have a few boxes of the 20's left. After I use them up, I guess I'll try the new offerings.