OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I'm feeling a little nostalgic today

Started by CMBOSTC, January 01, 2018, 02:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cut N Run

Late 60's & 70 music for me, when music was played on instruments and there wasn't a bunch of electronic B.S. in music.  I have seen some awesome artists along the way.

The first concert I saw was Lynyrd Skynyrd in 1973 on their Second Helping Tour at Dorton Arena on the State Fairgrounds in Raleigh.  It was general admission and tickets cost $5.00.  We got there early and had second row seats, center stage.  Bonnie Bramblett and REO Speedwagon were the warm up acts.

Seen the Who, Santana, Charlie Daniels, Marshall Tucker Band, The Outlaws, Commander Cody, Tom Petty, Bob Seger, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, Ray Charles, B.B. King, Eric Clapton,  The Allman Brothers, Rolling Stones, U2, David Allan Coe, ZZ Top, and dozens more that don't come to mind right now.

Add in duck, turkey, dove, and deer hunting & is it any wonder my hearing ain't great?

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

tree-rat sniper

I'm an old school metal-head, grew up with the big-4, Sabbath, Maiden, Ozzy, Dio, etc... Some of the newer metal isn't all bad, KSE, 5FDP for example.  My all time favorite band would have to be Megadeth, seen 'em 5 times in 30 years.
:you_rock:
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: C. Brumfiel on January 14, 2018, 11:48:35 AM
Can't leave out Billy Idol... White Wedding and Rebel Yell!
For sure Chris,  don't you forget about me as well as eyes without a face.

Rzrbac

I'm more of a country music guy but I did grow up in the 80's and 90's. How about Tesla, Black Crows and Jackyll.

As most have said Skynyrd, that's the gold standard for me. I've requested Freebird for my funeral although my wife hasn't agreed to that yet :you_rock:

spaightlabs

This stuff is now on 'classic rock' stations.  It'll be on oldies soon.   :TooFunny:

pabossie255

I'm into a lot of 80's rock Iron Maiden, Dio, Sabbath, Ozzy by him self Judist Priest, Over Kill, Mega Death seen Metallica and Ozzy together but like Steve Miller band, CCR, Billy Squier and many older bands. Seen many other bands R.E.O Speedwagon, Sticks, Chicago with the Doobe Brothers I problem can't remember all the concerts I had been to. I can agree with Skynerd but as for Tesla and Black crows and Jackle make me sick to my stomach.

Cut N Run

Quote from: guesswho on January 01, 2018, 05:28:27 PM
I'm stuck in the 70's.  Lynyrd Skynyrd, Fleetwood Mac, CCR, etc.

^^^This, plus the Allman Brothers

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

dublelung

GnR Rocket Queen, AC/DC Thunderstruck, Metallica One

pabossie255

I feel Matalllica one is after they went lame.

Caspar

pretty much all i listen to is 80s rock. GnR is my all time favorite band

GnR- welcome to the jungle, rocket queen, you could be mine, pretty much every song on appetite
Metallica- enter sandman, nothing else matters, fuel
ac/dc- thunderstruck, long way to the top,for those about to rock

a few other favs-
def lepp- rocket, love bites
poison- fallen angel, i want action, talk dirty to me
cinderella- nobodys fool, gypsy road, shake me
dire straits- money for nothing
motley crue
skid row
twisted sister
drivin and cryin-fly me courageous

austinc

I liked pretty much all that was listed, but one I really like I didn't see was Pantera! Dimebag could shred a guitar and great bass in their songs. I'll listen to it some mornings on the way to go hunting to get amped up and ready to go! But the next morning I may be listening to Johnny cash lol, my taste in music varies a good bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

chbarnha

Not rock per se but I'm more of an Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam fan

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

Sixes

Being born in 1970, I got to literally grow up with the tail end of the 70s rock, outlaw country and all the great bands of the 80's and early 90's. I saw most of the great rock bands from the mid 80s to early 90s when ticket prices started going thru the roof.

I even saw Motley Crue, BonJovi and Def Leppard  all as opening bands for other greats. Saw them as headliners too. One cool thing was in 1988, about half of my senior homeroom and a lot of other seniors all went to see G'N'R right before we graduated. And they were killer.

I still prefer rock bands from 70s, 80s, and even a lot from the 90s (AIC, STP, Pearl Jam, etc). Love the RHCP

There are others that I enjoy listening to, Jimmy Buffett, Waylon Jennings, older garth Brooks, etc.

Another singer that I really like which is odd to most people is Elton John

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Sweet child of mine, G N R.  Ride on, ACDC. Mettalica, for whom the bell tolls.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

tha bugman

I listened pretty much to all of the 80's metal and then Seattle and flannel pretty much killed it.  Saw Metallica twice, first time was killer (And Justice For All tour) second time was lame (Black Album)...no opening act, just 3 hours of James pouring insults at the fans....don't know what was wrong that night, but it just felt really weird. Not too long ago I saw a guy in his 20's wearing a Maiden tour shirt (brand new)....I walked up to him and said..."All I want to know is....were they as good as I have always imagined that they would be?"  He looked at me smiling and said...."They were awesome!"