OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

If you like Federal Heavyweight shotshells

Started by allaboutshooting, December 29, 2017, 12:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

If you like those shells, it would be a good time to find and purchase them. No more of the Heavyweight shells will be loaded in any gauge or type of shell. All new turkey loads will be "Heavyweight TSS".

I have been shooting prototype loads in 12 gauge and .410 bore for the last several weeks and will publish an article about my findings on January 3, 2018. That date is the earliest that I may share what I've seen, per agreement with the folks at Federal.

I hope to also be able to report on the 20 gauge and 3rd Degree, in mid to late January.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

fallhnt

Quote from: allaboutshooting on December 29, 2017, 12:00:05 PM
If you like those shells, it would be a good time to find and purchase them. No more of the Heavyweight shells will be loaded in any gauge or type of shell. All new turkey loads will be "Heavyweight TSS".

I have been shooting prototype loads in 12 gauge and .410 bore for the last several weeks and will publish an article about my findings on January 3, 2018. That date is the earliest that I may share what I've seen, per agreement with the folks at Federal.

I hope to also be able to report on the 20 gauge and 3rd Degree, in mid to late January.

Thanks,
Clark
Interested in .410. Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Greg Massey

Quote from: allaboutshooting on December 29, 2017, 12:00:05 PM

Thanks,   On youtube some guys are already reporting on the shells and what type they will be making ..It's already on calling all turkeys ...
Clark

Gobble!

I feel like this was a bad decision but maybe those shells didn't have the following I thought they did. I only see them selling TSS because they can put it on a shelf where Nitro and Apex are MUCH smaller companies and people will need to search online to find them.

Izzyjoe

I've just done some reading on federal's site, and the new grand slams sounds promising. I just hope they get them out soon so folks have time to pattern them, and see if they work or not. Winchester drug there heals last year with the 20ga LB's, I just hope federal doesn't do the same thing.