OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal HW 20 ga.

Started by Greg Massey, December 28, 2017, 04:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

If anyone is looking for some Federal HW  1 1/2 oz. 3 inch 7 , Buds Guns has some for 18.90 box , these shells are going to be Discontinued from what i understand because of the new Federal Tss loads...  NOW 19.11 per box..

Ol timer

I still have yet to see any of the new Heavyweight TSS shells on the market as of this month as i was in Bass Pro and Cabelas over the holidays. Still plenty of regular heavyweights on the shelfs.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Ol timer on December 29, 2017, 12:37:32 PM
I still have yet to see any of the new Heavyweight TSS shells on the market as of this month as i was in Bass Pro and Cabelas over the holidays. Still plenty of regular heavyweights on the shelfs.
They are fixing to be on the market , but i don't think a lot of people are going to like the 20 ga. load..but we will see....

Ol timer

Greg why do you believe the New Federal TSS load in 20 ga. would not be liked? Just curious they are not tested yet by the consumer Federal has always made great shells id think they did there homework on these new loads, but time will tell when we test them out.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Ol timer on December 30, 2017, 09:27:28 AM
Greg why do you believe the New Federal TSS load in 20 ga. would not be liked? Just curious they are not tested yet by the consumer Federal has always made great shells id think they did there homework on these new loads, but time will tell when we test them out.
Information is already out and the load data ...check it out on youtube and calling all turkeys...Some people may not like the shot size etc....If you want any Federal HW 7 you better order you some asap...these have been discontinued ........ 

sasquatch1

Wonder why the 7 shot is faster than the 9 shot? They both 1.5oz payloads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvnut3

I just checked my supply i have 25 boxes left. may order a few more ,just to be safe. Lee

Greg Massey

Quote from: sasquatch1 on December 30, 2017, 01:02:42 PM
Wonder why the 7 shot is faster than the 9 shot? They both 1.5oz payloads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could it be energy per size of shot...is Tss called shot...lol  ... that's why i said some people may not like what they are offering in the 20 ga. load...

nyhunter

:TooFunny: $35.95 a box of 5?????? i don't think so.

turkeyinstrut

Federal has the #9 TSS loads listed at 1,000 FPS which is plenty fast enough with TSS 9's and it won't have near the recoil as something in the 1,150 to 1,200 FPS range. I am shooting a 1 5/8 oz. load at 1260 FPS and the recoil is considerably more than the 1 5/8 oz. 1,100 FPS load I previously shot.

phutch30

Cabelas has the federal tss loads available for backorder...31.99/box of 5 for 20 ga 1 1/2oz load.

tree-rat sniper

At $6 a shot they might price themselves out of the market.. ???
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

turkeyinstrut

Quote from: phutch30 on January 16, 2018, 10:55:19 PM
Cabelas has the federal tss loads available for backorder...31.99/box of 5 for 20 ga 1 1/2oz load.

I would buy my TSS loads from Apex before I would get them from Federal. Federal is bad about switching components and has us chasing lot numbers.