OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Trulock HWT 7 choke tube using tss  (Read 3860 times)

Offline WVGOBBLER1997

Trulock HWT 7 choke tube using tss
« on: December 28, 2017, 12:52:26 AM »
Federal has came out with the new line of tss loads. I have the trulock federal heavyweight 7 choke for my 870. Would the federal tss 7s shoot the same as the federal HWT 7s ?

Offline Fullfan

• Longbeard
Re: Trulock HWT 7 choke tube using tss
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 09:23:04 AM »
Not sure about that one, when I was shooting 12ga TSS 9's I ran them through a factory Remington  full choke. I have two of the Truelock Heviweight chokes and have no clue what the constriction is.

I am using a Sumtoy out of my 20ga, it does great with the Heviweight 7 shot and TSS 9 shot.
Don't gobble at me...

Offline WVGOBBLER1997

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 08:36:55 PM »
The HWT choke is a .650 constriction. But the only thing different between the 2 is the density. But pellet count between the HWT 7s (pellet count of around 410 in the 1 7/8 oz load) then the TSS 7s (pellet count of roughly 416 in the 2 1/4 oz load). So I figure they'd shoot about the same. But I could be wrong.

Offline YELPA

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 09:45:39 PM »
As I understand the matter, the tight constriction of the Trulock HW7 choke has everything to do with defeating the flight control wad.  I'm just getting into TSS myself and gather that with normal wads tighter doesn't equal better as a general rule of thumb.  So, all of that to say, the answer to your question is to be determined and likely dependent upon how the new flight control flex wad behaves with the Trulock HW7 choke.

Offline WVGOBBLER1997

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 08:15:57 AM »
I agree with you YELPA. I think this flite control wad is like the 20 gauge flite control wad which is more softer. The 12 was a more stiffer wad. If the wad is like the 20 gauge I figure it'd be good in the 12. I was going to try the federal tss #7 in the 2 1/4 oz load. Just didn't want to change chokes.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 07:06:44 PM »
For the new Federal Tss loads the wad has be redesigned for both non-ported and ported chokes