turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TriStar 20 ga. semi-auto

Started by Ol timer, December 26, 2017, 09:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol timer

I purchased a new 20 ga. Tristar semi-auto for my daughter in the youth/comcact model if anyone is looking for a low price 20 ga. this is the gun to look at. The model i purchased was $489, 3" shell max, 24" vent rib barrel, a 2" tube extender making the barrel 26" 3 chokes, two stocks to use if you want it as a longer adult size later, and a 5 year warranty. This shotgun is a great bang for your buck check it out if your looking to buy your next 20ga. 

Greg Massey

Is the receiver drill and tap for bases ?

Ol timer

Greg, No there is no holes drilled and tapped on the receiver.

phutch30

My son has this same shotgun. I would also give it a thumbs up. We've been using it for 2yrs without a hiccup. Its shot everything from light game loads to HD #7s perfectly.

Vtbowhunter3

Has anyone drilled and tapped it for bases I just picked one up for my son. What are you guys using for chokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeyfever

I bought this gun also! I love it so far it has cycled every low/high brass shell I have shot. I put a set of adjustable sights on the gun and it is ready to hunt(great pattern)! If you do not want to drill and tap , take a look at sun optics part # sm 7015. That is what they recommended to me. I had no need to try it as the adjustable sights did the trick.

Vtbowhunter3

Quote from: Turkeyfever on February 17, 2018, 12:13:53 PM
I bought this gun also! I love it so far it has cycled every low/high brass shell I have shot. I put a set of adjustable sights on the gun and it is ready to hunt(great pattern)! If you do not want to drill and tap , take a look at sun optics part # sm 7015. That is what they recommended to me. I had no need to try it as the adjustable sights did the trick.
Awesome I just checked it out! Thanks, what are you running for a choke?

Turkeyfever

I have shot two chokes out of the gun and both are good. The Carlsons 575 non ported and the primos tightwad   570. I got in some Federal # 9 Tss today from cabela's and it was awesome out of the tightwad choke! I have also shot the federal heavyweight #7 and it shoots great but that shell has been discontinued. I just happen to have 8 boxes left!

Turkeyfever

I want to also be clear my gun is the raptor , I know they make another semi also the viper I believe. Regardless for the price I am well satisfied with the gun after the tru glo turkey universal sights went on it! i have a Mossberg SA 20 Turkey thug and a Mossberg 500 20 gauge which have taken several Toms and shoot great but opening day I will have the Tri Star in hand!

Ol timer

Quote from: Vtbowhunter3 on January 25, 2018, 05:15:03 PM
Has anyone drilled and tapped it for bases I just picked one up for my son. What are you guys using for chokes

Yes I drilled and taped it myself and set a reddot on it with a Sumtoy 562-5 tube

Ol timer

See pattern in 20 Ga. Gun Pattern section

Vtbowhunter3

Quote from: Ol timer on March 18, 2018, 06:24:38 PM
Just checked it out looks good! I ended up getting a 2 piece sun optics mount and got a good deal on a Burris fast fire II from a buddy. Need to get a choke is that SumToy special order? Thanks

Ol timer

Quote from: Vtbowhunter3 on March 20, 2018, 08:53:05 PM
Quote from: Ol timer on March 18, 2018, 06:24:38 PM
Just checked it out looks good! I ended up getting a 2 piece sun optics mount and got a good deal on a Burris fast fire II from a buddy. Need to get a choke is that SumToy special order? Thanks

Yes the Sumtoy 562-5 is a custom tube made, contact William and talk to him he will recommend what to use with your set up.