turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New to the forum/choke question

Started by jwjack0128, December 10, 2017, 12:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwjack0128

Thanks for the add guys. This seems like a really sweet place to talk everything gobblers. I'm about to do a 870 youth build. Obviously you guys are very familiar with these. Super sweet little set ups! My question is, have you guys played with a choke that patterns well with federal hw 7's and tungsten shot? I plan to try both of these as I've heard good things about both. Just curious from yalls experience if there's a choke out there that performs well with both of these loads.

3bailey3

Call William at Sumtoy, he can hook you up and a great guy the talk guns, loads,chokes and killing turkeys!

Spurs Up

If you want a moderately dense, but huntable pattern, look no further than a $20 Remington Super Full (RSF).  RSF is as good as any and better than most, including much more expensive brands and models, for slinging HTL.

Greg Massey

Look at Trulock 565 non-ported .... Great Service from these people ....

SumToy

:welcomeOG:

You have a few set ups that work.  The RSF works good.   The Trulock or Our choke put up little better patterns.   

If I can be of any help just let me know.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Fullfan

Welcome to the forum, I don't have a 870 but do have a weatherby 20. It shoots the federal heviweight 7 shot very well. And even the TSS 9 shot even better through a SumToy Choke.
Don't gobble at me...