turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi 6's to Hevi magnum blend 5,6,7's

Started by Bigmiah22, April 15, 2011, 07:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigmiah22

Was in basspro tonight doing my last minute before the season shopping and there were no hevi 3.5/2.25/6's left on the shelves so i decided to get the 3.5/2.25/5,6,7 magnum blends, the lot# is 300528. I shoot an indian creek .665 in my SBE2, i have amazing results with the 6's, should i see an increase or decrease in pattern density with the magnum blend? Anyone have any problems/benefits with the magnum blend? I have 3 shells left of my 6's if so.

Cutt

Can't comment on the Blends, but switching might change your P.O.I. some?

I've been shooting and checking patterns on some Hevi 3in and 3.5, in 6's and 7's, and all seem to have a slightly different P.O.I.?

beagler

I've shot the Mag Blends out of my SBE 2 with good results. I tried them in an Indian Creek (.665) and a Rhino (.660), the Rhino produced a slightly better pattern in my gun anyway.
Never Misses

ericjames

I have a browning silver as my main turkey gun and  I was only shooting 3" mag blends but I went to the store the other day to get a few more boxes and all they had were 3.5 so i tried them and I probably wont go back to the 3" shell they improved my pattern alotI was shooting the 3-2-6 loads before the blends and all I moved was 4 clicks to the right and perfect.I am shooting the kicks .670

aaronward9

Quote from: ericjames on April 15, 2011, 10:15:35 PM
I have a browning silver as my main turkey gun and  I was only shooting 3" mag blends but I went to the store the other day to get a few more boxes and all they had were 3.5 so i tried them and I probably wont go back to the 3" shell they improved my pattern alotI was shooting the 3-2-6 loads before the blends and all I moved was 4 clicks to the right and perfect.I am shooting the kicks .670
be careful shooting the hevi shot through the Kicks choke.  If you were to mess your gun barrel or  the choke up, you are screwed. Kick's chokes are not rated for HTL loads. I have a Comp-N-Choke that threw awesome patterns with Hevi shot, but after hearing of barrels splitting and chokes being busted up, I bought an IC.

njdevilsb

I wasn't too impressed with the 3" mag blends out of my 535 with an Indian Creek but you never know.  The POI did change a little bit from shooting the #7's.  The mag blends were a touch high in comparison.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

You can't really compare Magnum Blend patterns to #7 patterns.  They come close to #6 patterns.