OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking for a ceramic

Started by dejake, December 17, 2017, 03:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dejake

Who's call would you recommend?  What soundboard, and what wood?  I'm looking for a mellow, hollow sound.  Thanks.

bobk

Chad Hutcheson "Stumpy"  makes a cermanic in a  ambrosia  maple pot that would meet  yours requirements. Mike Yingling  also makes a great cermanic. It has a nice raspy sound.

HookedonHooks

*Edit* ^^^ accurate information.

Stumpy, and Gary Anderson are well known for their ceramics, but guys like David Halloran, Jimmy Schaffer, Paul Durham, Brad Roberts, and Kevin Fart(Pecker Wreckr) all make killer ceramics too, I have or have had one of from most of those guys.

My opinion:
The best is definitely the Anderson Paduak Ceramic over glass, but it is a call that's in it's own realm compared to most all other ceramics. it is filthy how turkey it sounds, but still retains that "different" factor most ceramics give. With this superior level of quality comes a higher price, but in my opinion, it's worth it.

If you want a call that is less money but will still sing turkey and get you that "different" factor, I'd say try Paul Durham or Kevin Farr, as they'll be able to hook you up for some of the best prices for what is still a quality call.

Chris O

I would check out You tube videos and listen to what they have on there.I know for 50$ I would check out Mike Yingling classifieds on here.I have the exact black line Persimmon call he is selling and It sounds all turkey to me. I know he has a you tube of his. I am sure what the other guys have told you is solid advice but I wouldn't be afraid to buy anything from Mike and his listing is available now if it's still there so there wouldn't be a wait.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Happy hooker

How much do the Anderson Daybreak Paduak ceramics sell for,,if anybody has ordered one recently

sbbow

Yingling, Kaiser,Vector and Halloran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coop1082

Kaiser, Halloran, Stumpy, or Daybreak. All are really solid calls.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Bowguy

Not a giant ceramic guy but Hallrans has really impressed me. If I was looking to get one, that's the one id get

Ol Yelper

Haven't heard one yet but I see that Kimmie Hanks now has a Ceramic out. He makes some fine calls so I'm bettin it'll be a good one.

3bailey3

I got a daybreak on here for around 100 bucks and it got a spot in my vest!

Chuck1443

Quote from: Happy hooker on December 17, 2017, 10:47:12 AM
How much do the Anderson Daybreak Paduak ceramics sell for,,if anybody has ordered one recently
107$ just got one

870BkWht

Ill echo the comments on Gary Anderson Ceramic Pot calls.  I have his Padauk Ceramic and its in a category all its own. 

Halloran Kaiser and American Strutter also all make good ceramic pot calls.

Tennessee Lead

I've got a Halloran and it's a good un