turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Eastern Wyoming turkeys ??

Started by Yoder409, December 12, 2017, 07:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Looks like I'm headed back to Nebraska for spring 2018 hunt.

I'm going to have a few extra days and was eyeing the breaks north of the Route 20 corridor in eastern WY. Can anyone tell me if there are turkeys there ?? Looks like there should be.  It's the only forested area (Google satellite scouting) for quite some distance. But they are seemingly a tail out of Nebraska's pine ridges.

Thanks to any and all who may have some insight !!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

joey46

I have been researching the Black Hills NF in n/e WY.  All in all looks like it is doable and we may try it this spring on a do it yourself hunt.  Can't get one if you don't go I guess.

ddturkeyhunter

Yes the Black Hill in WY is a possibility. Been hunting the Black Hill SD past 20 years. In 2010 filled out early in SD so went over to the WY side because you can buy your tickets over the counter, any where Licsenes are sold. The only thing would be depends on time of year, two times now went from SD BH to the WY side only to find area I was going into had a lot of snow to get into the area I like. But there are a lot of area's lower down to learn to hunt. Good luck and enjoy

idgobble

I've hunted the Black Hills right along the border and have called gobblers from SD over the me in WY.  Great fun calling a bird to you from another state! 

joey46

joey46

Going to bump this up for the reasons explained in DIY HUNTS.  WY is still the tops on our possibles list.  Thanks.