OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Wanna stay in my state of Virginia for a call maker help me pick  (Read 1466 times)

Offline jbo225

Wanna stay in my state of Virginia for a call maker help me pick
« on: November 17, 2017, 04:30:19 PM »
im in the market for my first pot call ive asked what surface for beginner most said slate or ceramic so now I want to have one custom made from out of Virginia. I want a Virginia call so I can represent my state. so in yalls opinion who is the better custom call maker in VA

Offline Coop1082

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Wanna stay in my state of Virginia for a call maker help me pick
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 10:30:35 PM »
The SS boys. Al and Josh Shoemaker are out of Lebanon. Not sure if they still turn pots but they made some dandies at one point. They however do make as good of a box as you’ll get your hands on for a heck of a price!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Offline strutnrut

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 02:10:14 PM »
Ralph Chandler is in Danville. Not sure if he is still build pot calls or not.  Al and Josh are great people I would lay hands on a few of their boxes if I was you.  Not sure if they arfe making pots still but you want go wrong either way.

Offline jbo225

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 04:52:28 PM »
ive heard quite a bit about the SS box calls. Ive had a couple people say on the FB to check out knouse trap calls and hanks

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 08:28:14 PM »
I think Hanks calls are from N.C., a great call maker and all his pots are easy to run, get you a SS box and a Hanks aluminum pot and you will be set!