OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Legalized Harassment  (Read 2957 times)

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
Legalized Harassment
« on: November 17, 2017, 09:01:13 AM »
Anyone else have trouble getting through the Federal background check recently? I had enough Cabelas bucks saved up I ordered my Son a Benelli M2 slug gun for deer hunting. I received the call that it was in so the next day I happen to be in the area so long story short I stopped in to pick it up filled all the paperwork out and got flagged now I'm waiting to hear why...Ive bought numerous guns this way over the years and also have had a concealed weapons permit for numerous years. No law run ins since either. Now if I do get cleared I have to travel over a hundred miles back again to get the gun. If I don't not sure what route to go..I think they just want to make it a pain in the arse so I  just forget it,but I'm not going to...

Offline Tail Feathers

• Paintbrush Beard
Re: Legalized Harassment
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 10:14:15 AM »
That sucks.  But it's probably someone else with the same name that has held the deal up.
But try to think of it as an extra trip to the big boy toy store.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 10:31:02 AM »
That sucks.  But it's probably someone else with the same name that has held the deal up.
Ya.. I'll try to keep my TAIL FEATHERS from getting to ruffled until I get an answer..

Offline duckaholic25

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 11:06:26 AM »
have had a concealed weapons permit for numerous years.
If you have a current concealed carry permit, you dont have to do a background check.

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 01:41:33 PM »
have had a concealed weapons permit for numerous years.
If you have a current concealed carry permit, you dont have to do a background check.
I believe the salesman said it didn't matter because I crossed  state lines to purchase ...We have lots of big deer,but no Cabelas in Iowa..Id just buy it in Iowa,but I'm getting it for free going through them.

Offline Tail Feathers

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 12:38:23 AM »
Ya.. I'll try to keep my TAIL FEATHERS from getting to ruffled until I get an answer..
What you did there, I see it. :toothy9:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline M,Yingling

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • In The Hills, PA
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 07:04:05 AM »
did you put your S S #  number on paper work says its option  if you didnt may nave flagged someone else ,,,,it happens   
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
 https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Offline joey46

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 08:27:05 AM »
Is your name "John Smith" ;D?  No reason IMO not to list your ss#.  The feds have it anyway.  The time period from about now through Christmas will always experience delays.  Good luck.

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 09:10:59 AM »
Is your name "John Smith" ;D?  No reason IMO not to list your ss#.  The feds have it anyway.  The time period from about now through Christmas will always experience delays.  Good luck.
No Its John Holmes (just kidding) ..Close enough though..I do have a popular name so I listed my social security number so I wouldn't have a problem like this...I guess if I don't hear anything under law Cabelas said i can pick the gun up on Wednesday. They said sometimes they don't hear anything back until after people pick up whatever gun they were trying to purchase. A piss poor system in my opinion.

Offline joey46

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 10:57:56 AM »
Doubt it will get any better.  Cute on the "John Holmes" - probably dates us since I'm betting few of the under 30 crowd "got it" ;D.  Good luck with the new gun.

Offline sixbird

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 02:10:44 PM »
If I'm understanding it right, Cabelas flagged the paperwork. If that's the case, the background check has to be completed within a time frame of a few days. If they haven't gotten back to Cabelas by then, you get your firearm. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm guessing it's the number of applications, nothing to do with you...

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 05:34:13 PM »
If I'm understanding it right, Cabelas flagged the paperwork. If that's the case, the background check has to be completed within a time frame of a few days. If they haven't gotten back to Cabelas by then, you get your firearm. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm guessing it's the number of applications, nothing to do with you...
The way I understood it from the Cabelas staff it is the Fed's that flagged my application and if Cabelas doesn't here back within 3 business days the law states they have to go through with the gun transaction with me. I had forgotten this but recently after this remembered about 9 years ago when AR's were hard to get a Cabelas in Nebraska had one in i wanted. I traveled all the way out of state to get it and my application got flagged. I told the staff member how far I traveled and wasn't coming back so he kept re running my application until on about the fourth try it went through. He said one time he got frustrated and did it for someone else and it worked so that's why he tried it for me. I didn't care I walked out with what I came for...

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 10:44:53 AM »
Imagine that!!! After buying numerous guns in the past years,having a concealed weapons permit for numerous years,giving them my social security number to differentiate me from anyone with a similar name,no change of address or convictions for decades I'm cleared to purchase my firearm. Like I said legalized harassment and nothing a guy can do about it,but go pick up 2 guns now instead of 1.im missing a big caliber AR from my collection.... :icon_thumright:

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 07:46:15 PM »
  Cute on the "John Holmes" - probably dates us since I'm betting few of the under 30 crowd "got it" ;D

Nope.  But they all Googled it...........................  ;D
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline sasquatch1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2017, 04:54:23 PM »
have same problem. have had it for years now. In 3 days you can have it.