OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

UNICOI 2018 -- What are the dates?

Started by griffman, September 20, 2017, 01:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: OLD PRO on October 10, 2017, 12:19:10 AM
Im sure the lodge is full but is there any hotels in the town of helen? and is it close, be coming in on Thursday evening and leaving Saturday mid day to return home, with empty pockets and loads of calls. LOL

I booked a room today. Still have a few rooms according to the lady whom I talked to.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

M Sharpe

Here is a vendor list:
Al & Josh Shoemaker, Anthony Ellis, Billy Buice, Billy Macallister, Bob and Michael Buckner, Bob Harwell, Brandon Washington, Brian Lawter, Chad Scruggs, Dan Harris, Darrell Gibson & Daryal Gosey, Darrin Dawkins, David Anderson, Dean Mundhenke, Dickie Champion, Doug Morgan, Duncan Dobie, Ed Jenkins, Fred Cox, Gene Gardner, Harold and Derick Fowler, Herb McClure, Hoyt Brown, Irving Whitt, Jamey Rex, Jeff Erb, Jeff Lacey, Jeff McKamey, Jeremy Stafford, Jody Harrison & Jackie Lea, John Dangerfield, Joseph Martin, Kelly Puckett, Kevin Cantrell, Kevin Dorsey, Kevin Farr, Kevin Kirkpatrick, Kevin Poschel, Kyle Osborne, Lamar Williams, Lee Chadwick, Lon Trice, Mark McPhail, Mark Prodomme, Mark Sharpe, Marlin Watkins, Matt McLain, Melvin Newman, Mike Lapp (and Company), Olin Humphries, Richard Hudson, Robert Glover, Ron Watters, Russell Beard, Scott Vieting, Steve Mann, Tim Bullock, Tim Sanford, Tony Quarino, Wayne Hendrix, Wendell Lancaster, Will Dutton and William Lambert.

Unicoi does have just a few rooms left. If you are wanting to stay at the lodge, I'd recommend giving them a call soon. Don't book online. Give them a call and press "0" for the operator. Their online booking isn't the greatest in the world and it may show they are booked. The promo code is "Unicoi Turkey Show" for the discount.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

HookedonHooks

I've called and left messages for a couple weeks.... Good to know I needed to press "0". Thanks for the info guys!

HookedonHooks

Just called and reserved the LAST room at Unicoi for the weekend. It was a double room, which I won't need. I went ahead and booked it, but this is a heads up for anybody that is already planning on going but has someone else that wants to tag along. I'd be more than happy to trade rooms assuming we get it cleared with the lodge, the double is only $115 a night with the discount. Anybody interested in this opportunity just PM me. If not, I'll probably need the extra bed to sleep in after the first night at the convention anyways, because the woman won't be too happy.

M Sharpe

The lodge number is 1-800-573-9659. Remember to press "0" for the operator.  Tell them Unicoi Turkey Show for the discounted rate.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

trb136

SS Calls

Quote from: trb136 on October 24, 2017, 08:37:31 PM
Can't get hear soon enough!

Yea buddy! Can I borrow a few calls for my table? ;D

trb136

griffman

Mapquest says it's a little under 3 hours to go from Charlotte NC to Unicoi TN.  Given I have never attended, are there places closer to the event that we can get a hotel?  Thinking of flying into Charlotte and getting a hotel there but might be more convenient to get a little closer.  Either way, I have to fly in and out of Charlotte.

Yelper

Quote from: griffman on November 06, 2017, 11:39:04 AM
Mapquest says it's a little under 3 hours to go from Charlotte NC to Unicoi TN.  Given I have never attended, are there places closer to the event that we can get a hotel?  Thinking of flying into Charlotte and getting a hotel there but might be more convenient to get a little closer.  Either way, I have to fly in and out of Charlotte.

The event is in Helen, Ga at Unicoi State Park, not in Unicoi, TN.

griffman

Well that would have been bad.  Thanks for setting me down the right path. 

M Sharpe

Quote from: HookedonHooks on October 10, 2017, 09:27:44 PM
Just called and reserved the LAST room at Unicoi for the weekend. It was a double room, which I won't need. I went ahead and booked it, but this is a heads up for anybody that is already planning on going but has someone else that wants to tag along. I'd be more than happy to trade rooms assuming we get it cleared with the lodge, the double is only $115 a night with the discount. Anybody interested in this opportunity just PM me. If not, I'll probably need the extra bed to sleep in after the first night at the convention anyways, because the woman won't be too happy.

All rooms are supposed to be priced the same.