turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

It is time.....

Started by pappy, December 24, 2017, 11:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I have dreaded this from the start, but I am going to retire from call making. My health is more important to me then I ever thought, even making the knives over the past year is taking it's toll so things are gonna be a lot slower in the shop. Regretfully I have a pile of wood blanks sitting out there, that i will pass on to my son in law, he is doing a great job at his call making, hopefully he will pass it on to my grandson.
To all of my Old Gobbler brothers and sisters I say God's Best to Ya, you have carried me on your backs for a long time, if there is one thing I will miss more then any other thing is talking call making with you all. Not that I will disappear from the site, as I have grown fond of it, the most drama free site on the net....and full of the most caring people I have ever been associated with.   
I may take the time once in a while to make something but no more "crunch time" for me. My stocks are doing great, so money has never been an issue, so I can spend more time with my wife, who may kick me out to the shop just for old times sake...once in a while.
AGAIN THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WONDERFUL SUPPORT ALL THESE YEARS & MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.....JACK "PAPPY" LEWIS
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

outdoors

HEY JACK, GOOD TO SEE A POST FROM U , UNDERSTANDING YOUR HEALTH IS
VERY IMPORTANT, SORRY TO HEAR BUT I UNDERSTAND ALL TO WELL
GOD BLESS YOU AND BEST OF LUCK   :bible:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Greg Massey

Merry Christmas Pappy....GOD BLESS.....

mgm1955

BluMtnGobbler

Pappy,Sorry to here that, wish you all the best and MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.
BRIAN

Happy

Congrats on the retirement and I hope you enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Tail Feathers

There is a season for all things.  Enjoy the changing of the seasons and a more relaxed schedule.
I sure wish you could PM me all your woodworking talent tho. ;D
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

HFultzjr

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you and your family.
Kick back and enjoy.
Best of luck to you.
:santaclaus:

Gooserbat

Best of luck and keep yourself healthy.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.