turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First Elk Hunt

Started by TauntoHawk, October 25, 2017, 11:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelerFan

That's awesome...congrats!! I've been blessed to hunt and kill a few elk in Montana and Wyoming; nothing like a great western adventure to make you feel "small"! Enjoy the memories!!

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Fullfan on October 28, 2017, 08:43:07 AM
Congrats on a great hunt. What part of Pa you from??

I have hunted Idaho since 1983 and have seen some great times. The wolves and hunting pressure have changed things in a big way. The crew I hunt with has been in Idaho since 10/07, 8 guys and they only saw one rag horn bull. They are on the way home now, have to love the 40 hour drive.  We hunt the Salmon zone.

This year I was not able to go due to me recovering from a car accident back in June.

Congrats again you guys did good.

From Lancaster area between Philly and Harrisburg. Road trip wasn't bad but certainly long

We were in Zone 19A just south of the Salmon River north of McCall and Burgdorf. We heard the wolf pressure isn't that bad in that area and saw no evidence of them just mountain lion tracks, the Mule deer population seemed really low we hardly saw any of those but the locals blamed some harsh winter kills and not predators
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

JK Spurs

Great pics! Love the Penn State hat too!
I like my turkey well peppered

TauntoHawk

Quote from: JK Spurs on October 31, 2017, 05:00:42 PM
Great pics! Love the Penn State hat too!

Just a couple of Penn State Alumni hunting elk
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RutnNStrutn

I was fortunate enough to spring turkey hunt in western Idaho this last spring. Absolutely gorgeous country!!! Congrats on the bulls!! That's definitely something that is on my list. That truck is badass!!!! Sounds like y'all had an awesome trip!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

WW

Awesome! I plan on turkey hunting Idaho one day soon! I love those western states.

TauntoHawk

it'd be some sweet scenery to hunt turkeys in... man it would take longer to drive there than shoot a limit lol

Elk went to the taxi last night

Gobble!

mgm1955