OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 7278 times)

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Hello Everyone
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 04:01:07 AM »
Was able to punch my second buck tag on Friday 11/10 evening. Was a fun hunt. Got to see 16 deer, 3 were bucks. Watched a little 4 pt chasing the ladies around the plot for about 20 minutes and was grunting up a storm.

This coming Saturday our waterfowl first season opens so my attention will turn there for a week. Glad to hear from everyone and hope all is well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 09:27:11 PM »
That's a stud! Heck of a buck..

Offline Turkeykiller12

Hello Everyone
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2017, 09:49:17 PM »
Man! Y'all are wearing the bucks out. These are some really nice bucks posted. I've been hunting my tail off but only seeing smaller bucks pushing the does the past few days. Maybe tomorrow is the day the big one slips up and shows his face.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 07:34:48 AM »
Finished my 2017 SC Deer Season this past Friday evening as I punched my final SC Tag, without purchasing extra ones.  Was a fun season.  Was not the most ideal time to be hunting with the moon and had a few people tell me I was wasting my time, but I just had that feeling that I needed to be out.  Had a couple hours of leave to use before the end of the year and decided Friday was as good as any other time.  Got in the stand about 3:30 pm to a beautiful day in a beautiful place.

Time kept ticking away and official sunset (5:12 pm) had come and light was going away.  I was starting to think about calling it pretty soon, we can hunt until 1 hour after official sunset, when I heard some movement behind me to the right.  I turned to look and in a few seconds had a doe pop out behind me.  She walked into the plot and then followed by another and another until I had 5 in front of me, one decided to eat right at the foot of the stand for a few moments.

Well that made me happy that I had at least seen some deer in the stand during legal time.  I was watching them feed and looking them over.  The two that was closest to me, just over that road in the plot started looking to my left a good bit.  I noticed the behavior so paid attention and hoped if something was there they would come on out with the fading light. Around 5:45 I see a larger bodied deer walking across the plot toward the does.  I get my rifle up and look at it.  It is facing away from me and standing in full alert toward the does.  I see the antlers and can tell he has a good spread so I decide to shoot.  He lurched forward at the shot and I could tell from his reaction it was a good hit.  When I got down to look I was surprised I could not find blood.  Well in the excitement of things I did not mark his spot as well as I thought and I hit him more to the left in the plot than I thought.  I finally walked to the wood line and walked around it and found blood in the dirt.  I turned to follow and there he was 3-5 yards from me just in the wood line.  It was a fun deer season, probably one that I have had the most fun in a while.  I loved my time out in the woods, but now my mind is turning to ducks and more importantly spring.

Hope everyone is having a great year and things will be getting fired up for the team here soon.  I hope everyone comes back.  Take care and Merry Christmas!
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 10:06:08 AM »
Very nice, congrats!!

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 04:29:27 PM »
Heck of season!

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 09:43:58 AM »
Looks like everyone has been having some fun this fall.  I’ve deer hunted a lot but have only filled one tag so far, spent a lot of time trying to get my oldest son a deer.  Our late season muzzleloader opens back up this Saturday until the first Saturday in January so hope to put at least two more on the ground.  Here’s a pic of my early season muzzleloader buck-

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 01:44:43 PM »
Nice deer, way to go!!

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 07:21:34 PM »
Congrats.

Offline Turkeykiller12

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 10:28:56 PM »
Good job on all the nice bucks killed so far. I have yet to fill a tag. We had a snowstorm basically come out of nowhere this past weekend and that threw a wrench in my hunting the last few days. Hope to get one before season closes. The picture is of my two boys playing in the snow. We had close to a foot of snow and some places had well over a foot of snow. We were out of power for two days and some nearby we're out for three days. It's not even winter yet. Quite a crazy a time for us here in West Georgia.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2017, 07:54:12 AM »
Great buck Jim! Hope you finish out your tags and get your boy one!

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2017, 07:55:39 AM »
Good job on all the nice bucks killed so far. I have yet to fill a tag. We had a snowstorm basically come out of nowhere this past weekend and that threw a wrench in my hunting the last few days. Hope to get one before season closes. The picture is of my two boys playing in the snow. We had close to a foot of snow and some places had well over a foot of snow. We were out of power for two days and some nearby we're out for three days. It's not even winter yet. Quite a crazy a time for us here in West Georgia.

Looks like those boys are having a blast. We were supposed to get a little but it stayed Northwest OG is. We got a couple flurries but that was it.

Good luck in the woods!