turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New nomad turkey vest

Started by aaron, January 06, 2018, 09:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaron

Has anyone seen the new nomad vests comin out his year?   Saw a pic online, they are in the style of the Bob Dixon and Limbhanger vests.  Look nice!   I saw they had original greenleaf and bottomland and also obsession

chase-ark

Interested! I've been kicking around the idea of a new vest!
Woo Pig!!!!

Coop1082

Conveniently my wife just bought me a new vest for my birthday! I did request it but after seeing those I certainly wish I would've held out. Great looking vest and seems to have a pretty good pocket layout to it. I loaded up on some new greenleaf camo last year and have been looking for a solid greenleaf vest to pair with it!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

buzzardroost

That's one great looking vest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris O

Looks nice but I would use caution toting that blue thermacell screen out in the open some idiot might mistake it for a blue head.Nice feature but I wouldn't like that part of it. I guess you could turn it around to hide it though. I am always cautious of wearing the wrong colored t-shirts under my hunting coats and that is something I always preach to my kids also

chase-ark

If i could figure out a way to attach a good cushion to my gerber waist pack i wouldn't need a vest. 90% of my hunting is in the mountains here in Arkansas so i need something lite and mobile. Minimalist vest i guess it's called... i don't carry decoys except on rare occasions and i just roll it up and clip it in the straps on the back.
Woo Pig!!!!

Gooserbat

Quote from: chase-ark on January 06, 2018, 11:02:54 PM
If i could figure out a way to attach a good cushion to my gerber waist pack i wouldn't need a vest. 90% of my hunting is in the mountains here in Arkansas so i need something lite and mobile. Minimalist vest i guess it's called... i don't carry decoys except on rare occasions and i just roll it up and clip it in the straps on the back.

Last year I switched up to a double pocket fanny pack with an added butt pad, box call holster, and pot call pouch.  Very nice.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

chase-ark

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 07, 2018, 01:05:45 AM
Quote from: chase-ark on January 06, 2018, 11:02:54 PM

Last year I switched up to a double pocket fanny pack with an added butt pad, box call holster, and pot call pouch.  Very nice.

Mine is basically a large fanny pack with 2 sliding side pockets with shoulder straps. Slate, gloves and mask goes in the side pockets. Box call in the water pouch, rigged a camel back to it. Main pouch in the back carries random items. I did have a cushion attached to the straps on the back but it would swing back and fourth hitting my legs and drove me crazy. Guess i could figure out a way to tie it up out of the way or just slide it in between my lower back and shoulder harness.

I've had this pack for over 10 years and use it for everything. I don't feel right going in the woods without it!  Gerber doesn't make them anymore and haven't found one like it that i like yet.
Woo Pig!!!!