OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

HOPE TO BAG A GOBBLER THIS SATURDAY!

Started by quavers59, October 18, 2017, 02:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quavers59

Well members- I found a nice roost area this past Sunday with plenty of scratchings right at the bases of trees and blowdowns. Gobblers do that more then the family flocks. Pumped up for this Sat and at least I have a good starting point.   Hopefully- the gang of gobblers will be there and I can scatter them to the 4 winds and call back a nice one. Good luck to everyone here who will be hitting the Fall Turkey Woods this year!

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

mgm1955

Chris O

I plan on making it out a little this weekend. Some crops got taken out around me and I have been seeing some around,but I know where 1 is living and I would like to try to get him.Do you guys think a standing Gobbler decoy with the spring colors on the head (red white and blue) spook a small flock of gobblers of Maybe 2 or 3 birds? I just think a decoy could help me where him and at least 1 buddy are hanging out.

daddyduke

I have not had good results with tom decoys in the fall. Old birds that come in tend to shy away from it. Just my experience.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

3bailey3

Good luck, I have been bow hunting four times and I have heard birds on three trips, even some jakes gobbling

Chris O

Quote from: daddyduke on October 19, 2017, 03:03:24 PM
I have not had good results with tom decoys in the fall. Old birds that come in tend to shy away from it. Just my experience.
thank you