OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Gooserbat Ol'Hickory Glass - soundfiles added  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Jbird22

• Longbeard
Gooserbat Ol'Hickory Glass - soundfiles added
« on: October 10, 2017, 10:58:20 PM »
I recently bought a bow sight from Sam over on AT and ended up with one of his Ol'Hickory glass calls as well. I haven't seen much mentioned about his pot calls on OG but man let me tell you this call is a winner! It plays well with my usual go-to strikers and tones back to a very content, authentic tone with his two piece Rosewood that comes with it. If you haven't tried one of Sam's pot calls, I highly recommend his Ol'Hickory glass! Thanks again Sam!  :icon_thumright:

https://soundcloud.com/jbird_22/gooserbat-ol-hickory-glass-gb-2-pc-rosewood
https://soundcloud.com/jbird_22/gooserbat-ol-hickory-glass-fowler-2-pc-snakewood
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:49:00 PM by Jbird22 »

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
Re: Gooserbat Ol'Hickory Glass
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 10:40:34 AM »
I always wanted to hear a sound file of his pots,but yeah I haven’t heard much about them on here.I just hear about his mouth calls which are great calls

Offline Jbird22

• Longbeard
Re: Gooserbat Ol'Hickory Glass
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 11:29:34 AM »
Soundfiles added
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:49:19 PM by Jbird22 »

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
Re: Gooserbat Ol'Hickory Glass - soundfiles added
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 09:38:24 PM »
That sounds real good I think I like the snakewood a touch better but both are really nice thanks for sharing.Would his High Standard Be similar Or do you know? Thanks

Offline Jbird22

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 10:04:07 PM »
I don't personally know but when I told him how much I liked the call his exact reply was "...if you like the hickory glass you should hear the high standard Crystal".

BTW, I do like it with that Snakewood but think it sounds even better with a 1 piec Ipe striker from Andy Kaiser. I didn't get around to making a soundfile with it though. That 2 pc Rosewood really shines when played at low-medium volume. I'm not sure the soundfile does it justice honestly. 

Offline mgm1955

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 02:42:05 PM »
Nice!!

Offline Hooksnhorns

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 04:58:28 PM »
Man, that is a killer call. I like the rosewood for soft stuff and the snakewood sound mighty fine for crankin on it. I believe you got a good un right there.
Don't Tread On Me